Blown At DC Performance...

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

We would like to introduce our supercharged Viper in the BAD (Blown At DC Performance) series. Mike Sinkenson's blown Copperhead Viper has over 650 rear wheel hp and is a BLAST to drive. We added a polished intake and throttle body and some copper colored valve covers to set it off.

We make several changes to the Paxton tune to make the power more consistent. We boost reference the timing control and reprogram the JTEC controller to remove the lean spikes from the system. Another big improvement we make is to change the thermostat to a lower opening rate type and cycle the hydraulic fans sooner and longer. This drops the running temperatures about 10 degrees and helps keep the intake temps down.

We tune peak power very conservatively preferring to make best power under the curve, you have all heard the broken piston stories.

Here at DC PERFORMANCE, We have done over 40 SRT10 Paxton kits, without issues. The key is in keeping the timing safe as well as keeping the air fuel a little rich (this also saves the cats)!

Please check out other DC PERFORMANCE videos @ DC Performance TV on Vimeo

Enjoy the video and thanks for your support!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0fNA4YbmE[/media]

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a DC blown Copperhead, puts 704 down to the tire on a Mustang dyno (they tend to read a little lower than the dynojets). I have added headers, high flow cat and done a little polish work on the throttle body, besides that it is just the DC installed supercharger system on my car.
Runs and drives like a factory car, it has been very dependable. The work done by DC is extremely clean!

If you have not had the pleasure of dealing with DC you are missing out, they where a huge help to me when buying my Copperhead. They go out of their way to help.

Here is a little video of my car pulling 704RWHP and 638RWTQ:2tu:

That is me yelling out 709, as it turns out I was wrong it was 704 :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SyRQuACgyk[/media]

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very interested in this but are there problems getting this smogged for those unlucky to live in Kalifornistan (visual, CARB approval, etc)

Thanks in advance,

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car out of California, I know you cant run headers down there but I am pretty sure that superchargers are legal, I know seems silly but lucky you!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Superchargers are not smog legal on Gen III cars in CA - should be KA.

Contact Paxton for more info.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paxton kits are CARB certified for 1992-2002 Dodge Vipers. The 2003-2006 CARB approval has been pending for some time. All Paxton Viper kits will pass California tailpipe emissions when installed on a production engine without other modifications. Most smog stations will pass these through, but technically the 03-06 kits need a CARB number.