Blue is the new black

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks a lot like the Daytona blue pearl off of my '13 Charger Daytona.........

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it in person and French Racing Blue was the first thing I thought of. It looks very close to that color and there's no pearl in it either.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very trendy color IMO, like Ford's run on the grabber blue. Was popular a couple years ago, some still like it, but it's "aging" in terms of once it's not new or different, it's really not a very **** color to most. Since it's been on other cars for a few years it's a bit of a yawner to me & I'd think make a tougher resale, like the burgundy-ish venom red of the gen4's.

The truly new carbon color should be interesting. Just seems with all the color choices and their use of prefix, who can literally so anything, SRT could get a bit more imaginative than jag, ford, aston of 2012 blue. Not being negative Nancy, just saying. I know some will love this color & that's cool, just seems stale to me already having seen it for a couple yrs already. Unlike the Orange which is bam, cool, the carbon may be also, the midnight pearl blue is cool ... Silver of course is not new but looks hella good on the soft lines of th car.

Man, are we talking about car color again?? We need some news on something already, lol.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like it, but it may grow on me. However, I'm going to say it again;

What the hell happened to the Stryker Green Color that was being discussed?

OP
OP
E

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears there are some Mopar Viper parts (i.e. headers, heads etc.) hanging in the display behind the car. Perhaps there are some ******** parts coming down the pike.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is going to buy this color it is not a home run by any means. Where is this silver car? The carbon? The Styker green or maybe Viper violet. I want to buy a G5 but nothing so far has grabbed my interest. What a mess.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, but looks cool nonetheless. I wish they had a silver/gts-r blue viper on display. The carbon special will be revealed at the LA auto show I believe on the 20th.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is going to buy this color it is not a home run by any means. Where is this silver car? The carbon? The Styker green or maybe Viper violet. I want to buy a G5 but nothing so far has grabbed my interest. What a mess.

I have no idea why there are no pics out yet from a dealer or srt on the silver viper. I have seen HD pics of the silver GTS
with carbon fiber package / red interior, ITS AWESOME LOOKING! Again was asked not to post the pics, must be for some
reason. :dunno: FYI the car I saw will GRAB YOUR INTEREST.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted.........just post it.....who is telling you not too? SRT? You would think if they would want to sell cars....they would post pictures ASAP.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted.........just post it.....who is telling you not too? SRT? You would think if they would want to sell cars....they would post pictures ASAP.

Doc I made a promise and will keep it. No one told me I couldnt talk about what I saw, only wanted to let all know its really
something special as Im sure all will see very soon.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted.....no offense but why did you post about it in the first place? It is just like the carbon color....matte black and I am sure it comes with a big price......LA auto show in ten days....how many people are going to buy a black car with orange stitching? Halloween already happened. SRT must have the same company for their marketing that designed the Titanic.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue is not the new black. Black is the new black. It's 100% stupid to say such things. Blue can never be as sinister or evil as black. Nobody ever get tossed into a cold blue cell. Blue is the color of the sky. Blue is a cool, happy color. Smurf blue does not fit the Viper. But wait this is the Gen5 we are talking about. It has become the new Vette. So maybe smurf blue fits the gen5 as its a kinder, softer viper (errr...$$$$ vette).

OP
OP
E

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue is not the new black. Black is the new black. It's 100% stupid to say such things. Blue can never be as sinister or evil as black. Nobody ever get tossed into a cold blue cell. Blue is the color of the sky. Blue is a cool, happy color. Smurf blue does not fit the Viper. But wait this is the Gen5 we are talking about. It has become the new Vette. So maybe smurf blue fits the gen5 as its a kinder, softer viper (errr...$$$$ vette).

I guess you've never had "The Blues"? Relax, it was just a play on words. Honestly, I believe black is currently the best color for the GEN V. It helps the grill and cooling ducts blend in, and yes, it looks mean.

However, I've always like Porsche's Mexico Blue. The new color doesn't appear to be a match, but I've always loved brightly colored sports cars. My favorite color is orange...you can guess which GEN V option floats my boat.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted.....no offense but why did you post about it in the first place? It is just like the carbon color....matte black and I am sure it comes with a big price......LA auto show in ten days....how many people are going to buy a black car with orange stitching? Halloween already happened. SRT must have the same company for their marketing that designed the Titanic.

Wanted.....no offense, NONE TAKEN

but why did you post about it in the first place? to let everyone know its built and coming soon plus that it
had the carbon fiber option on it. kinda like a xmas present, its wrapped and under the tree. you know
its there but have to wait to open it, anticipation.
:D

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That blue actually isn't bad looking. I don't know if I'd go for it (I'm partial to GTS Blue), but it looks nice. Also, from a maintenance perspective, it looks like it'll be almost as easy to take care of as silver.

Black would be my choice of colors for a Viper if it weren't so darned hard to take care of. Just putting a car cover on and taking it off will leave marks that you can see in the sun. Not to mention people touching the car or brushing up against it. That drives me nuts. But, when it is freshly detailed, you just can't get a meaner looking color than black on these cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper