Bobby Archer wins GT-1 and Dave Blaney wins GT-C at Putnam Park.

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A rain delay allowed only one race to be run on Sunday at 1:30. Bobby Archer started third but was first by turn three and he did not relinquish the lead! Dave Blaney, from NASCAR and BUSH fame, started eighth and finished forth while winning his class! It was his first time ever in a Viper Comp. Coupe and he learned how to handle it real fast!

The first Neon Racing League (NRL) race started behind the VRL and the GT-Neon Modified class was won by rookie Jeff Stout with Cathy Stout 2nd. The GT-T-2 Neon class was won by Tom Atherton.

A complete race report will be posted on the VRL web sit at www.viperdays.com
Check it out!

The next race will be at Mid-America Motorplex near Omaha, NE

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Skip to you and Family, the racers and support teams, the trackside SERVICE, and our friends at Putnam Park for a GREAT show and Driving School !!!! I have seldom seen as many ear-to-ear grins as noted Sunday afternoon...and our local VCA members who participated are still pumped...and getting ready to go again.

Can't wait for the NEXT Viper Days.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby drove Johnny Weigel's car, the #23 as he usually does to perfection. There should be pictures on the Viperdays website shortly. Except for the rain on Saturday, it was another great Viperdays weekend!

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby drove Johnny Weigel's car, the #23 as he usually does to perfection. There should be pictures on the Viperdays website shortly. Except for the rain on Saturday, it was another great Viperdays weekend!

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to the Viper Days team for another great weekend. My wife drove in the Challenge Series and really learned a lot from the instructors (you don't think she'd listen to me?)

The rain provided an excellent excuse for me to take our new bone-stock SRT-4 out for its maiden track voyage and what a hoot these cars are!

Thanks also to all of the VRL drivers for a great race on Sunday. Competing in my first race was truly a memorable experience! Can't wait for the next one!

Rich

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...go to the Viper Days website ( www.viperdays.com ), PRINT the schedule, then sign up for (or at least visit) the Viper Days nearest to you. You will have a BALL !!!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...go to the Viper Days website ( www.viperdays.com ), PRINT the schedule, then sign up for (or at least visit) the Viper Days nearest to you. You will have a BALL !!!! :) :) :headbang: :headbang:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then sign up for (or at least visit) the Viper Days nearest to you.

I just wish they'd come a little closer. What happened to the Daytona event? I guess they couldn't close the deal. C'mon Skip, there's gotta be some venues in the south you can trek to.

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Putnam Park event was a fun event! Thanks to all of the drivers that attended the event and the spectators and fans that supported the drivers!! The Sunday race was very fun and Sun afternoon sessions had great weather and fast times.

The 2005 schedule will have many more new tracks in different parts of the country to make everyone happy. Please remember it is very difficult on tracks on the weekend espically the big ones. If you have an "in" with one of the tracks please do let us know and we will look into it!!

Our next event is May 14-15th in Omaha, NE amd will be a big event! Please sign up early for the event or call Courtney if you have questions. 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney!! Spectators are welcome at the event!

Courtney

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather