Bolt On Goodies

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1997 GTS

Based on my search 3.55 gears are a great mod and have been convinced to buy from members threads, if I find some time in my busy week will be placing an order before Friday. Over the winter I’m building up my Viper with bolt on goodies. Since I took ownership 6 months ago I have done smooth tubes, high flow filters, b&m short throw shifter with MGW knob, HID headlights and fogs, 2002 door handles, rear muffler delete and 2010 SRT 6 Spoke Rims with Nitto Invo tires. Before next spring I will have installed High Flow Cats with dynomax 24222 mufflers, 3.55 gears, lowering caps, EBC Red Brake Pads, slotted and dimpled rotors and Toms Rear Calipers, upgraded engine and transmission mounts

My questions for members is:

1) What other mods would you recommend short of an engine rebuild, FI, and headers?

2) For those that have a similar set up and with 3.55s what do you think the best 0-60 and quarter mile times would be with a very polished driver :drive:

Last edited:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My questions for members is:

1) What other mods would you recommend short of an engine rebuild, FI, and headers?

You do not mention anything about maintaince, but I would do the following:

1) Motor mounts.
2) Get the power steering cap vent.
3) Upgrade P/S Pulley and Bracket.
4) Pin crank bolt.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great suggestions; I forgot to mention I will be upgrading my engine and transmission mounts also

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've the roe billet PS bracket in classifieds if you are interested. How hard was the 02 door handle mod? Could you please elaborate on that mod?

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a pain in the ass and required a whole lot of cutting of a perfectly good door, but it was completely worth it! there is a write up on how to do it in the members section, it was very helpful in the process but remember this tip cut in small increments and keep retesting the fit to avoid a expensive mistake, however I really recommend this upgrade!

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plum what I have listed to be done by spring will be it unless there is a common suggestion to do something in addition, i am planning on picking up a 2012 so i will stop short of doing a engine build, supercharger, or headers do to the fact i'm keeping the exhaust system 2.5 inch from the dynomax muffler back, nitrous is a strong consideration for summer

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know before this thread i never knew about this mod! it will be done before spring and its not a bad price! Thanks Rev! :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep the cap from coming loose and letting oil get on the exhaust. saving your car from fire

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21