Bone Stock SRT in the 10's?

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several reasons besides seat time. They don't prep the car playing with tire psi, they don't ice the manifold, use VHT, use minimal fluid levels, the track/conditions are not ideal, etc.

I do have a question regarding not powershifting. Can you elaborate? The times you have achieved in the Z-06 required powershifting, I can't imagine it would be much different with the Viper. In other words, you are getting tire spin into 2nd and perhaps 3rd, correct?

I am sure in many instances they do play with tire pressure and have the track prepped quite well, as far as fluid levels I never touch mine or even look at them for that matter. Power shifting means not letting off the gas when you shift and I do lift when I shift so power shifting was (not required) when running my Z06.
As far as each cars average time I would say even though the Viper is a little faster than the Z06, the 2 cars are fairly close in the 1/4 mile coming down to the driver as the Z06 is a little easier car to pilot than the Viper IMO. I would say the 2 cars are 11.3 to 11.5 cars average with decent drivers and low 11's with excellent drivers. On the other hand I would say the ZR1 is low 11's with decent drivers and high 10's with excellent drivers. The ZR1 is 3 to 4 tenths and 3 to 4 mph faster on average than the Viper in the 1/4 mile. Every now and then you put up a perfect run in perfect conditions that challenges the best times of any other car, but they are far and few between so when I compare the cars I like to compare their average run not a perfect run, because in my Z06 and Viper I feel like I put up close to the perfect run with my 10 second factory tire runs. On the other hand I feel like I have a couple of tenths left in the ZR1 I have not gotten yet as the high mph the car turns demonstrates.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to Go Jamie! The can blow Vettes all they want and charge 100k for them all they want....bone stock Vipers will still put any Vette in its place!

Even though the ZR1 is a faster car, it has to use forced induction to outrun the Viper. 10.9 @130 is fantastic for an NA car. Just imagine what the Viper could do with the Vettes gearing.

The difference is (Jamie may want to add to this )he ran 129 in the Gen 4 and 133 in the Zr-1 .The Viper was run in MUCH better horsepower weather than the Vette =had they been run in the same weather he feels the Vette would have trapped closer to 135 .

Sorry - my math WAS indeed off, but my point was simply that his ZR1 broke his Viper record...

Now - OTOH, I beg to differ with your statement about the (Bone stock) Viper doing 10.9 by an average driver, making it a BONA FIDE 10.9 car...as so far, the only bone stock one that came close to a 10.8 was mine, while Jamie owned and drove it (10.922) . You know of other drivers here that have done 10.9's on a Bone stock Viper or a Bone Stock Z06/ZR1, beside Jamie? You really believe that an "average" driver could pull 10.8's in a bone stock Viper based on trapping 130? How about some real numbers with backup - like Jamie provided?

So let me understand if I read this right - since only 2 people have done 10's in the Z, it's not a BONA FIDE 10.9's car (probably because it's only a Corvette - one you don't own), whereas only ONE has done 10.9's in a Bone Stock Viper (a car you happen to own I guess), making it a BONA FIDE 10.8 car...is that about right? All because of trap speeds, but nothing under 11's? Ya, that makes a helluvah lot of sense to me...:dunno::dunno: Sorry dude -

GREAT POINTS i have had WARS with people over the above .I dont give a DAMN about track elevation DNA (or any other BS excuse they can come up with ) ANY DRIVER THAT CAN PUT A STOCK CAR (stock tirs )in the 10s is beyond EXCELLENT as a matter of fact (as you pointed out )only one guy has been able to do it.

Dont forget the $50k price difference between the two..

Oh ya! Well my Dad can totally beat up you're Dad!

Sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me.:dunno:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50K? MSRP on the ZR1 is about 117k and change VS. a Viper @92k (sticker on the one I bought from Jamie Furman and I have the sticker). Add the ACR package and a few other options and you're much close to the ZR1 pricing and you have to add that to be fair - as the real ZR1 sticker is about 103 minus all the options. In my books, that's about a 15K delta for a fully loaded Viper vs a fully loaded ZR1 , not 50...sorry to burst your bubble. For the 15K, you get a carbon ceramic brake package, many large Carbon fiber body parts, an insane level of interior and ride comfort, traction AND stability control...real TPMS gauges with actual readouts/tire...RFID auto sensing /locking/unlocking doors with a cool push-to-start feature and the list just goes on and on.

You see, most of that 15K isn't about speed enhancement...and while I'm not brand loyal, I must admit that the ZR1 has a whack of expensive and useful options...making it a much more mass market appealing sports car.

I love both my 08 Z06 and my 08 Roadster equally nonetheless...

Oh - and just imagine what the Vette could do with a 600 HP NA engine...'nuff said :)

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
50K? MSRP on the ZR1 is about 117k and change VS. a Viper @92k (sticker on the one I bought from Jamie Furman and I have the sticker). Add the ACR package and a few other options and you're much close to the ZR1 pricing and you have to add that to be fair - as the real ZR1 sticker is about 103 minus all the options. In my books, that's about a 15K delta for a fully loaded Viper vs a fully loaded ZR1 , not 50...sorry to burst your bubble. For the 15K, you get a carbon ceramic brake package, many large Carbon fiber body parts, an insane level of interior and ride comfort, traction AND stability control...real TPMS gauges with actual readouts/tire...RFID auto sensing /locking/unlocking doors with a cool push-to-start feature and the list just goes on and on.

You see, most of that 15K isn't about speed enhancement...and while I'm not brand loyal, I must admit that the ZR1 has a whack of expensive and useful options...making it a much more mass market appealing sports car.

I love both my 08 Z06 and my 08 Roadster equally nonetheless...

Oh - and just imagine what the Vette could do with a 600 HP NA engine...'nuff said :)

Umm jaime did the 10 second run in his Viper vert. Which sells for about $70k. Matter of fact I think Jaime grabbed his for $65k at the time. With that being said, If I'm going to spend about $120K on a corvette. It better beat the Viper..

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Lambo is slower, but not by "that' much...just curious, which Viper do you currently own?

A lambo costs even more than a Viper. You have to appreciate the Viper for what it does for $70k. Also, what other car at the same price runs 10s, and you can drop the top down on a nice hot sunny day?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How these threads get sidetracked is people (usually Viper owners who have NEVER been to a racetrack in their life with the car )proclaiming facts that just are not true .(LOL because they own something it must be faster ect -HELL they still cant get over the fact the current generation Z06 can beat a Gen 2 or Gen 3 ).All of the formentioned cars are so equal in performance today it really comes down to the driver and if Viper owners would actually GO to the track instead of BENCHRACING cars on their computers they may be shocked.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that the ZR1 uses forced induction to run high tens and crack 130 is of importance in my opinion. Here is my reasoning without being too long winded. By no means am I a Vette basher. I appreciate all cars for what the are. The Z06 and ZR1 are awesome cars and many Viper owners accept and appreciate it. Remember this is just an opinion not an attack. I am personally more impressed by an N/A cars that can both run 10's and crack 130. I feel that it puts that particular car into a more exclusive class no matter what brand it is. For those of you who go to the track, how often do you see N/A cars, street legal or not, put up those stats? Not often. Now add boost to Mustangs, Vettes, Evos, Supras, Porches, Vipers ect. and you will have plenty of company with cars capable of putting up those stats. Personally, I'm more impressed the ZO6's ability at 500 hp N/A to run 10's than the ZR1's ability to run 3 tenth and 5mph faster in the 1/4 mile. Tack on the addition 35K-40K price tag over the Z06 and for some the price cannot be justified. And yes some of us do run their cars. LOL :usa:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that the ZR1 uses forced induction to run high tens and crack 130 is of importance in my opinion. Here is my reasoning without being too long winded. By no means am I a Vette basher. I appreciate all cars for what the are. The Z06 and ZR1 are awesome cars and many Viper owners accept and appreciate it. Remember this is just an opinion not an attack. I am personally more impressed by an N/A cars that can both run 10's and crack 130. I feel that it puts that particular car into a more exclusive class no matter what brand it is. For those of you who go to the track, how often do you see N/A cars, street legal or not, put up those stats? Not often. Now add boost to Mustangs, Vettes, Evos, Supras, Porches, Vipers ect. and you will have plenty of company with cars capable of putting up those stats. Personally, I'm more impressed the ZO6's ability at 500 hp N/A to run 10's than the ZR1's ability to run 3 tenth and 5mph faster in the 1/4 mile. Tack on the addition 35K-40K price tag over the Z06 and for some the price cannot be justified. And yes some of us do run their cars. LOL :usa:
Great points ,personally i think we are all lucky that we have so many great cars available to choose from.Yes dollar for dollar its hard to justify the cost of the Zr-1 over the Z06 but then again the car was really meant for the person with the money is no obfect philosophy(much like the MB AMG 65 class verses the MB AMG 55 CLASS .The 65 is faster BUT it is it 60 PLU Sfaster ECT )

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can relate to what your saying, but all a s/c does is add cubic inches and as far as which is better really boils down to opinion, and some like na and some like forced induction. I personally like na but the facts are there is way more potential with s/c or turbo, the Porsche TT or GTR or Ford GT being prime examples, you can breath on those cars and they just make unreal user friendly horse power. And nowadays cars like the gallardo or other high end cars when modded they usually twin turbo them or s/c them to get the big hp and keep the factory manners, and usually even Vipers get forced induction for the big hp. To get high hp out of na cars you usually have to give up a lot of streetability and that is not to appealing to many people, where as forced induction usually keeps the street manners and gives racecar performance.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lambo costs even more than a Viper. You have to appreciate the Viper for what it does for $70k. Also, what other car at the same price runs 10s, and you can drop the top down on a nice hot sunny day?
You never answered my question - which Viper do you currently own?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure in many instances they do play with tire pressure and have the track prepped quite well, as far as fluid levels I never touch mine or even look at them for that matter. Power shifting means not letting off the gas when you shift and I do lift when I shift so power shifting was (not required) when running my Z06.
As far as each cars average time I would say even though the Viper is a little faster than the Z06, the 2 cars are fairly close in the 1/4 mile coming down to the driver as the Z06 is a little easier car to pilot than the Viper IMO. I would say the 2 cars are 11.3 to 11.5 cars average with decent drivers and low 11's with excellent drivers. On the other hand I would say the ZR1 is low 11's with decent drivers and high 10's with excellent drivers. The ZR1 is 3 to 4 tenths and 3 to 4 mph faster on average than the Viper in the 1/4 mile. Every now and then you put up a perfect run in perfect conditions that challenges the best times of any other car, but they are far and few between so when I compare the cars I like to compare their average run not a perfect run, because in my Z06 and Viper I feel like I put up close to the perfect run with my 10 second factory tire runs. On the other hand I feel like I have a couple of tenths left in the ZR1 I have not gotten yet as the high mph the car turns demonstrates.

Jamie..You say this..but your very own time slips verify that your ZR1 was averaging 128-129 mph..Then you hit a 132 mph trapp on one 10.79 mirical run....Not a 133 mph trapp like some else posted..But a 132 mph trapp...

Your time slips for your Viper verified that you averaged 128-129 mph in your Viper as well..And then on your mirical run hit the 10.93 at 129 mph...HOWEVER...You did hit a 130 mph trapp with your stock ACR...Wich is ARGUABLY much less arodynamic..Hell it only can hit 177 mph top speed VS 202 mph for your orange 2008.

I have read of people hitting 131 mph in their stock 2008 Vipers..I have read of you hitting your 132 mph run in your Zr1..

As well over at the Zr1 board it seems like the owners all run 126-129 mph for the most part just like the 2008 Viper owners seeming to mostly run 126-129 mph...

Until I see time slips of a ZR1 touching 133 or 134 or 135 mph...It is still a 132 mph trapping ZR1 vrs a 131 mph trapping Viper in my eyes.

Now the Z06 is totally differant..It will trapp 123-126 mph..127 mph is EXCEPTIONAL...But we both know a 2008 Viper or ZR1 will literally jog away above 120 mph....At the drag strip the Z06 is defiently competitive..As it really puts the power down well..But trapp speed to trapp speed. It's just not there.

This is all heresay...I will admit that The ZR1 has PROVEN to be 1.4 tenths and 1.5 mph faster at 132.5 ZR1 VS 131.0 for the Viper ( sorry didnt look up the exact tenths)...

But come on man....This is like how a 2002 RT10 Viper was 60 pounds lighter than the 2002 GTS Viper and after removing the rt10 hood was 100 pounds lighter and could run a 11.7 at 121 VS the GTS's 11.8 at 120 mph....Your talking next to nonthing at this point...A tenth and a mph??????????

As well same day dynos have verified that the 2008 Viper and 2009 ZR1 will dyno within 10 rwhp SAE of eachother...Then 3350 pounds for the ZR1 VS 3450 for the Viper....

This is as close as it gets...

So please guys... Lets keep it real....Dont say the ZR1 is 2.5 tenths faster and 2.5 mph faster when it clearly has NOT proven eihter

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im with you...im much more impressed overall with the Z06..At 3170 pounds and 450 rwhp running 123-126 mph right out of the box it is a awesome car...Heck..my friend just picked up a 2007 C6Z06 for 42K...Thats a heck of a lot of performance for a still fairly new car at only 42K....The ZR1 with the FI is more of a handicap to me......As honestly a 1996 GTS with a 5K roe supercharger will run 130 plus mph..I fail to see whats so special..Now to 2008 Vipers blew my mind the first time I read of 129-131 mph trapps NA..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie..You say this..but your very own time slips verify that your ZR1 was averaging 128-129 mph..Then you hit a 132 mph trapp on one 10.79 mirical run....Not a 133 mph trapp like some else posted..But a 132 mph trapp...

Your time slips for your Viper verified that you averaged 128-129 mph in your Viper as well..And then on your mirical run hit the 10.93 at 129 mph...HOWEVER...You did hit a 130 mph trapp with your stock ACR...Wich is ARGUABLY much less arodynamic..Hell it only can hit 177 mph top speed VS 202 mph for your orange 2008.

I have read of people hitting 131 mph in their stock 2008 Vipers..I have read of you hitting your 132 mph run in your Zr1..

As well over at the Zr1 board it seems like the owners all run 126-129 mph for the most part just like the 2008 Viper owners seeming to mostly run 126-129 mph...

Until I see time slips of a ZR1 touching 133 or 134 or 135 mph...It is still a 132 mph trapping ZR1 vrs a 131 mph trapping Viper in my eyes.

Now the Z06 is totally differant..It will trapp 123-126 mph..127 mph is EXCEPTIONAL...But we both know a 2008 Viper or ZR1 will literally jog away above 120 mph....At the drag strip the Z06 is defiently competitive..As it really puts the power down well..But trapp speed to trapp speed. It's just not there.

This is all heresay...I will admit that The ZR1 has PROVEN to be 1.4 tenths and 1.5 mph faster at 132.5 ZR1 VS 131.0 for the Viper ( sorry didnt look up the exact tenths)...

But come on man....This is like how a 2002 RT10 Viper was 60 pounds lighter than the 2002 GTS Viper and after removing the rt10 hood was 100 pounds lighter and could run a 11.7 at 121 VS the GTS's 11.8 at 120 mph....Your talking next to nonthing at this point...A tenth and a mph??????????

As well same day dynos have verified that the 2008 Viper and 2009 ZR1 will dyno within 10 rwhp SAE of eachother...Then 3350 pounds for the ZR1 VS 3450 for the Viper....

So please guys... Lets keep it real....Dont say the ZR1 is 2.5 tenths faster and 2.5 mph faster when it clearly has NOT proven eihter
Guys the ZR-1s trap speed during the record RUN was 132.88 mph show me one stock Gen 4 that ever ran in the same WEATHER as the above on any NHRA track the cracked 130.Evan Smith (a pretty fair driver himself )ran my Gen 4 numerious times at E-Town (known to be a VERY FAST TRACK )in basically the same weather as Jamie ran the Zr-1 and his best was 129.7 his average was probably in the high 128s and he assured me the car was absolutely tapped out (i think he should know )given the weather .

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know how you do math? I just looked at 12 timeslips from my runs in my ZR1 and 7 of them are over 131 mph and 5 of those are over 132 and one was 10.82 at 132.88 which is close to 133 mph. Only 4 were under 130 mph and the worst mph was 128.82 and the only other ones under 130 were 129 and change. The average mph is more like 131 for the ZR1 and out of those 12 slips 7 runs were 10.8 or better with one being a 10.7 and 3 being 10.9 and 2 being 11.0's my worst and only run that wasn't an 11.0 or better was the first shakedown run and that was 11.19. Thats like an 10.8 average at 131 for the Z. With the Viper it took 20 runs to get into the 10's and it was the only 10 second pass at 129 and change. I also ran 1 11.01 2 11.05's and 2 11.07 runs and one 11.08 in the Viper, the rest were 11 teens and 20's at anywhere from 127mph to 129 mph, with the best mph 129.8 which was 3 mph slower than my best ZR1 run which was also in worse weather than the Viper ran in. Thats more like an average of 11 teens at 128 average which is at least 3 to 4 tenths and 3 mph better average in the ZR1 than the Viper and I think I have clearly proven that, so lets keep it real! In better weather I will prove the ZR1 is even faster than I have already went. There is one major exception I take in comparison of all these (my dad is stronger than yours posts) and thats most if not all of these comparisons that I am reading are no more than hot air as no one has even had their car at the strip and for sure they haven't had their Viper and their ZR1 at the strip for comparison and I have. I can compare unbiasedly because I own both and I am not a homer to either car so I think my comparisons might be a little more realistic than these virtual comparisons I seem to be reading. I do agree with one part of one of the most recent posts and that is the Z06 is the most impressive of all 3 cars for price and performance.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you do math? I just looked at 12 timeslips from my runs in my ZR1 and 7 of them are over 131 mph and 5 of those are over 132 and one was 10.82 at 132.88 which is close to 133 mph. Only 4 were under 130 mph and the worst mph was 128.82 and the only other ones under 130 were 129 and change. The average mph is more like 131 for the ZR1 and out of those 12 slips 7 runs were 10.8 or better with one being a 10.7 and 3 being 10.9 and 2 being 11.0's my worst and only run that wasn't an 11.0 or better was the first shakedown run and that was 11.19. Thats like an 10.8 average at 131 for the Z. With the Viper it took 20 runs to get into the 10's and it was the only 10 second pass at 129 and change. I also ran 1 11.01 2 11.05's and 2 11.07 runs and one 11.08 in the Viper, the rest were 11 teens and 20's at anywhere from 127mph to 129 mph, with the best mph 129.8 which was 3 mph slower than my best ZR1 run which was also in worse weather than the Viper ran in. Thats more like an average of 11 teens at 128 average which is at least 3 to 4 tenths and 3 mph better average in the ZR1 than the Viper and I think I have clearly proven that, so lets keep it real! In better weather I will prove the ZR1 is even faster than I have already went. There is one major exception I take in comparison of all these (my dad is stronger than yours posts) and thats most if not all of these comparisons that I am reading are no more than hot air as no one has even had their car at the strip and for sure they haven't had their Viper and their ZR1 at the strip for comparison and I have. I can compare unbiasedly because I own both and I am not a homer to either car so I think my comparisons might be a little more realistic than these virtual comparisons I seem to be reading. I do agree with one part of one of the most recent posts and that is the Z06 is the most impressive of all 3 cars for price and performance.
Jamie ,Smith experianced almost the identical thing running my Gen 4 (MPH )as you did .He baselined the car at around 127.5 mph (11.5 ) and after approx 5 runs was dialed in at 11.3 129.7.It was in the mid to high 70s (good air ,not great )and that was all she wrote .There was absolutely no way possible that my car was going anywhere near a 133 mph trap speed and it was run in almost the same weather you ran your ZR-1.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected....But again..What of the 130 mph run posted by your ACR??? A much less arodynamic vehicle..

I will now go find these various post of trapp speeds on this site and Viperalley..I swear a few posted 131 mph in their Vipers..

And I do agree with your assesment of hot air. The fastest stock vehicle I have ever owned was a 2003 srt10 that would be lucky to trapp 123 mph even with you driving...

Hopefully I can find these 131 mph trapps to atleaste prove that the Viper wasnt completely tapped out on your 129.xx mph runs...

I guess what really kinda irks me is that you achieved 129 or 130 mph in a stock C6Z06 right? And we all know that a stock SRT10 has proven to trapp 2-3 mph higher than a stock C6Z06 over and over again..

As well next to your 129 or 130 mph trapp in your C6Z06..The next closest bone stock C6Z06 is merely only a 127 mph trapp ( I beleave set by Ranger)...So in this case it would seem a fair assesment that you did tapp out the C6Z06...

But in your SRT10's case..You trapped a 129 and ran the 10.9 and constantly say you think the car is maxed?? Fully knowing that you trapped a 130 mph trapp in your less arodynamic ACR as well as fully knowing that many others have trapped 129-130 mph in their stock 2008's...

Every other car you MAXED OUT you were clearly 2-3 mph higher than all the other stock drivers...Your GTS is a prime example...I beleave you claim a 11.5 at 124 mph bone stock...Know one would ever question this as not being maxed out as a 124 mph trapp is clerly 2 solid mph higher than Ive seen anyone else ever post..

So 124 mph in a GTS and 129 mph in a 2008??????

Jamie I have nonthing but respect for your driving ability as you are arguably the best stock production car drag racer at the present time in the world..

But a 124 for a GTS and a 129 for a 2008 when clearly a average driver will trapp 118 mph in a GTS and a average driver will trapp 128 mph in a 2008..Well somthing just seems wrong...

Again no disrespect intended..but I have personally always felt that you just dont care much for the SRT10's and favor the Gen2's and Vettes...You barely even tried in your gen3 according to you as you felt their wasnt much their..Yet we have two people who have posted 11.5's....

And then without even an attempt to find better weather and improve your SRT10 rime of 10.9 at 129 you sell the vehicle and proclaim it maxxed out...

I agree that it will be a while before anyone else can beat that record if anyone even can beat that record..But can you honestly tell me that YOU really maxed out that brand new Viper on that one day???????????

Again I apologize as really I am Hot Air and you are the real deal....But just going by your past and what you did with other vehicles..I just dont beleave "YOU" have really maxxed out the SRT10..

Last edited:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you guys have been barking on the porch. :DI got off the chain and bought the ZR-1. It is all that. However if I could only have one, it would be the Viper. God Bless America.:usa:

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected....But again..What of the 130 mph run posted by your ACR??? A much less arodynamic vehicle..

I will now go find these various post of trapp speeds on this site and Viperalley..I swear a few posted 131 mph in their Vipers..

And I do agree with your assesment of hot air. The fastest stock vehicle I have ever owned was a 2003 srt10 that would be lucky to trapp 123 mph even with you driving...

Hopefully I can find these 131 mph trapps to atleaste prove that the Viper wasnt completely tapped out on your 129.xx mph runs...

I guess what really kinda irks me is that you achieved 129 or 130 mph in a stock C6Z06 right? And we all know that a stock SRT10 has proven to trapp 2-3 mph higher than a stock C6Z06 over and over again..

As well next to your 129 or 130 mph trapp in your C6Z06..The next closest bone stock C6Z06 is merely only a 127 mph trapp ( I beleave set by Ranger)...So in this case it would seem a fair assesment that you did tapp out the C6Z06...

But in your SRT10's case..You trapped a 129 and ran the 10.9 and constantly say you think the car is maxed?? Fully knowing that you trapped a 130 mph trapp in your less arodynamic ACR as well as fully knowing that many others have trapped 129-130 mph in their stock 2008's...

Every other car you MAXED OUT you were clearly 2-3 mph higher than all the other stock drivers...Your GTS is a prime example...I beleave you claim a 11.5 at 124 mph bone stock...Know one would ever question this as not being maxed out as a 124 mph trapp is clerly 2 solid mph higher than Ive seen anyone else ever post..

So 124 mph in a GTS and 129 mph in a 2008??????

Jamie I have nonthing but respect for your driving ability as you are arguably the best stock production car drag racer at the present time in the world..

But a 124 for a GTS and a 129 for a 2008 when clearly a average driver will trapp 118 mph in a GTS and a average driver will trapp 128 mph in a 2008..Well somthing just seems wrong...

Again no disrespect intended..but I have personally always felt that you just dont care much for the SRT10's and favor the Gen2's and Vettes...You barely even tried in your gen3 according to you as you felt their wasnt much their..Yet we have two people who have posted 11.5's....

And then without even an attempt to find better weather and improve your SRT10 rime of 10.9 at 129 you sell the vehicle and proclaim it maxxed out...

I agree that it will be a while before anyone else can beat that record if anyone even can beat that record..But can you honestly tell me that YOU really maxed out that brand new Viper on that one day???????????

Again I apologize as really I am Hot Air and you are the real deal....But just going by your past and what you did with other vehicles..I just dont beleave "YOU" have really maxxed out the SRT10..

As far as the GTS I believe I ran 123 and change, I can't find the slip? And the ACR I ran like 130.03 I think and that was with the wing off, so aero did not play a role. As far as the Viper being maxed out, for me it was as I have made enough passes in a car to know if I left anything in it, but with better air and a perfect leave sure it might run quicker and faster but nobodys done it yet in 3 years of production! Maybe someone else can get the number in a Viper? I plan on trying again in my ACR but the biggest problem I don't think your getting is a Viper is hard to drive at a dragstrip with 3.07 gears and stock tires with the way power comes on compared to the Gen 2, even though it has way more hp than the Gen 2, the Gen 2 was an easy car to drag race, one of my favorites of all time! Traction is a big problem with the Viper suspension and as the weather gets colder, power gets better and traction becomes worse. In my case it seems I either bog or burn them off.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you this MY 08 on one of the fastest tracks in the country ,driven by one of the best drivers in the country could not trap 130 in good horsepower air.Yes MAYBE on an ice cold dense air night it could trap 131-132 then again IF the ZR-1 was run on an ice cold dense air night it could trap 135-136.As Jamie pointed out Pilots with better power on colder tracks create traction issues.Another thing people should realize when driver the caliber of a Furman or a Smith run a car at the track they can tell after a few runs the cars potential .In Evans case after 4 runs in my 08 he knew it was ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS to continue as the car was maxxed out at 11.3 at 129.7.Maybe he could have gotten an 11.2 on a VHT run but it was not worth the abuse on the car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you guys have been barking on the porch. :DI got off the chain and bought the ZR-1. It is all that. However if I could only have one, it would be the Viper. God Bless America.:usa:
RAY numbers aside every person i have spoken to that owns or has driven both says the ZR-1 is noticeably faster than the Viper whats your take.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is clearly quicker feeling and seems to hook-up easier on the street. I will reserve my judgement until I take my new putter to the local minature golf course.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What viper I own has no bearing with this thread, so stop bench racing.So answer my question. What other convertible out there, for $70k can run 10's bonestock?
Benchracing? You don't even own a Viper and I'm benchracing because I'm talking about price - from 1st hand experience? How old are you, like 12?