Brake pad recommendation for track

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Stoptech 4 wheel big brake kit and have tried
the Brakeman 3's. I would like to try a more aggressive pad.
I have heard good things about Perf. Friction but not sure which
compound to use. I checked out PF website already and they all sound
like they work. Which pads have you guys/gals had the most success.

Fast Eddie

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a full race pad I would suggest the Pagid R-14 race pads. I run them with my Stop Techs and they bite hard. Should cost about $400 for front & back. I buy them directly from Stop Tech. Good luck.
Jonathan

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PFC 01's are what we've been using on both our GTS's and the race car. iIt's a high temp pad, wears like iron, is nice to your rotors. it's more of a finesse pad than the BM3 so you'll have to be careful to not stand on the pedal like you could with the Brakeman, but I found it to be great.

The 03 compound is new - we're trying it this coming season in the race car (one set pads last all year in front....) The 03 is supposed to be everything the 01 is and more.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always liked the Pagid R14 also but Erik Messley 714-899-3669 recommends PFC 01 so that's what I want to go with. Erik was The Great PMUM's crew chief and a damn fast racer himself. Between Messley and an experienced tracker like Janni it's tough to argue against them.

Janni, do you purchase your PFCs from Erik?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope - we have an account with both OGRacing and BSR in Charlotte for the business, so we work with them. Front pads for the race car are $400 / axle.... yikes. Good freaking thing they last as long as they do.

But we used PFC 01's with Roe 2 piece rotors and didn't have any issues on the Super Stock cars - and the other half is notoriously ******* brake components. It was on Sean's original recommendation that we started using the 01 compound on the front and 97 on the rear.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could anyone please give me a contact where I can mail order PFC from in the USA (to be delivered to a USA address)?

I have been wanting to try their pads this year, they are just making a name for themselves in the UK.
These were the part numbers a rep gave me for Viper OE brakes:
Front 0592.97.15.44 and Rear 0491.97.15.44
I guess from the numbers these are compound 97? Are the 01 compound a poor bite when cold?
I have 40mm rear calipers, so they work as hard as the fronts!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried PFC01's with Roe rotors and the rotors were wearing at an alarming rate.

The Great Messley also mentioned to me (he does my suspension as well) that the PFC 01's will wear out your rotors faster than other pads, hence I went with the Pagids. There is a difference between the "The best racing pad" and "The best track pad that won't tear up rotors"

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did several hundred miles with PFC 01's on the street. The are very noisy and very dirty, but they stop the car OK, even when cold. I switched to BrakeMan #3.