Brake Pads on VOI

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the VOI has the larger ACR rotors what is a good street/track pad? Looking for more bite and if possible less dust :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frankly that is a bit of a predicament in most cases. More bite often means a more aggressive compounding, hence usually more dust. I think the better question would be why do you want more bite, are you tracking the car? Also the rotors are not actually bigger , just lighter and of two piece construction.

OP
OP
S

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I plan to track the car this coming season! But it will still see a lot of street miles.

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two piece StopTechs are the way to go. I bought a set with black hats and love them compared to the oem rotors.
I use Mintex on front and brakeman #3 in rear. Better than oem hands down and surprisingly not much more dust.
But, that is the trade-off to better stopping power...DUST!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Using Carbotechs ( 12s in the front and 8s in the back ) and they work killer for the track. The biggest issue with any quality track pad is you are going to see more dust. What I like about the Carbotechs is they work well with the ABS system on the Viper. Their bite does not invade the system earlier , so you will not find it engaging very often. Some pads have huge initial bite with little linear feel and they can engage systems earlier than others. I am a deep braker, so that is something I look to stay away from, but styles are different. Have not found a low dust, really strong pad for track yet, and we have been tracking Snakes at Woodhouse since the mid 90s.

I would call Mark Jorgensen at our Dealership to get his input too, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions on tire pressures, alignments, oil weight for track use, etc.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the VOI has the larger ACR rotors what is a good street/track pad? Looking for more bite and if possible less dust :)

Just a point of clarification, The ACR rotor (2 piece) and the standard Gen 3/4 one piece rotor are the same size. They take the same pad configuration. One is not larger than the other.

OP
OP
S

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a point of clarification, The ACR rotor (2 piece) and the standard Gen 3/4 one piece rotor are the same size. They take the same pad configuration. One is not larger than the other.

Perfect thanks for the clarification :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets