Brake upgrade questions (Dave's or Brembo)

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other spot is next to the radiator for a cone kit. You'll need to drill holes in the support next to the radiator. I went this route so that I could use Roe's front facia duct kit to get more air flowing in front of the radiator.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all the discussion on here and with some others I am pretty confident that I will be going with the Gen 3 upgrade on all 4 corners. Now I just have to start saving my pennies, because I have also found other upgrades I "need" to do to my ACR and they are quickly totalling more than $10k :D

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got Gen 3 stock rotors that came off an 08 for sale. One of them is pretty rusty but I would have them all turned down. Just make me an offer, I have no use for them.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I have to wait a little and let my bank account recoop from my current set of upgrades :)

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
72Hemi, when you're ready for the Gen III brake upgrade , make sure you'll order 4 front rotors for all corners.The Gen III rear rotor has a different offset from the fronts.Not aware of a different rear bracket from the DBB kit that would accomodate the OEM rear rotor alignment.
Also, the Gen III calipers barely clear the beefy OEM 5 spoke rears of my Gen II Viper,so I used a washer to get a min 2MM spacing between them.If you go aftermarket wheels ,you'll have more clearence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the rotors that is good to know. I have seen people run the kit with the OEM ACR wheels, which is what I am planning on running, whether or not they have spacers is another story. If I have to run spacers I will, I will just make sure they are as thin as possible and get good hubcentric units.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm running spacers on all four with the extended lugnuts. I think my kit came with 5/16 spacers.3/8's on the rear would have been better, not using a shim on the bracket for caliper/wheel clearence.
The ACR wheel probably has more clearence for the calipers than the 5 spokes, but I'm sure you'll still need spacers.I'd order the kit without spacers,check what spacers you'll need and go from there.
Ps; the spacers are CNC machined and the wheels run true.I check torquing the nuts before take the car out and never lost tightness on them so far.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I "rented" the rear caliper kit from Autozone, but had no one around on Saturday to depress the brake pedal so that I could bleed the brakes and get new fluid in the system....tonight I'll likely watch the Sharks game (hope they win), so tomorrow night is likely my brake install night.

I'll likley but this kit new and keep it around for future brake projects.

Regards,
Aaron

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the rotors that is good to know. I have seen people run the kit with the OEM ACR wheels, which is what I am planning on running, whether or not they have spacers is another story. If I have to run spacers I will, I will just make sure they are as thin as possible and get good hubcentric units.

Too much brake in the back for the track, upsets the balance..JMHO:)

80% of your braking is up front.

I also wouldn't run spacers at the track, talk to Jonb, he knows
his stuff better than anyone!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything is probably much better than stock. Call Jon B. Ultimate is stoptech 4 wheel from Jon B. No need for 6 piston fronts per stoptech. They are only for show and do not increase stopping power. Ducting for a gen 2 ? get an autoform nose with splitter and ducts also from Jon B. GTS Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc