1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brass Viper Emblem??

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by 2000 GTS Owner, Jan 3, 2020.

1. 2000 GTS Owner

2000 GTS Owner Enthusiast

I have recently acquired 4 Gen 1 emblems with 2 studs on the back of each, my question is they are brass, not shiny gold or chrome, was this a thing? They have the red snakeskin

John In Ohio likes this.
  2. 2000 GTS Owner

38B0B1BD-C6A7-4720-89D3-D14C5852120F.jpeg

FFC818ED-0BCA-462C-994F-251067385149.jpeg

51D41B4E-772E-4644-A8CC-2D40DA6F302C.jpeg

76ACDB1E-DBB4-4FB0-A072-9A621BA96A8B.jpeg

3. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President Venom Member

Was that maybe part of the package that came with the "gold" wheels? Otherwise I'd wonder if it was just a different plating or something.

4. WHY U TRY

WHY U TRY Enthusiast

That was my first thought as well. I always saw them in red with yellow wheels. Perfect car for Ronald McDonald

5. kssssnake

kssssnake Enthusiast

I think you are correct. Google Ronald McDonald Viper. One on Viper exchange.

6. Darth Menace

Darth Menace Enthusiast

man those are pretty cool. Side note, the Hulk Viper isn't my thing and neither is the Ronal McDonald Viper, but they do have their place in auto/Viper history. I'd love the Hulk Viper, but sure couldnt afford it. Those look pretty sweet for sure.

7. AnnapolisMatt

AnnapolisMatt Enthusiast

These do not appear to be from the McViper or the 7 Gold edition 1997 cars. All of the photos I can find show them all with the standard red/silver emblem. This is mystery...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  8. John In Ohio

John In Ohio Enthusiast

Hi there! Would you be interested in selling one of your red/gold emblems?

9. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President Venom Member

It's possible that maybe they weren't even meant for a car to begin with. For instance it could have been something that was intended to be a belt buckle or something like that, though who made it or how they made it would be the big question at that point.

As a total side note though, most silver/chrome stuff is usually just plated metal, and since that emblem is a pretty unique mold it could have been much easier to cast it in brass or something like that and then plate afterwards. That one still looks like it has some clearcoat on it though, so that wouldn't quite make sense and you'd think only part of the plating might be missing.

10. 2000 GTS Owner

What’s your offer John?

11. John In Ohio

John In Ohio Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed response- I just happened to check back on the forum today. Good question! I don’t have a number in mind but I can tell you I’m not going to try to just low-ball you :) Do you happen to have a number in mind? Also, is there a way that we can exchange either phone numbers or emails? It might make it a little easier and quicker to communicate.