Bump stops on Eibach pro Kit with caps please.

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi to all,

What did you do with your Bump stops when you fitted your Eiback pro kit and caps.

I red on Viper Valley that you have to cut them to 3/4. Is that right?

Thanks,

Eduardo.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when you lower the ride height, the shock is compressed by the equal amount. So, if you lower the car one inch, the shock is compressed an inch and the bump stop is one inch closer to making contact. If you are driving "enthusiastically" or tracking the car, suspension bottoming on the bump stops could upset the handling and cause problems.

OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok thanks!!

How much should i cut then if i lower the car by 1.25" with the caps please.

Not sure what the bump stops look like, but does it mean i have to cut 1.25" of them? Is there that much of them?

Red that, is that right

"Most important thing, either cut them into a third the height and install the one third piece or throw them out all together, if you don't and you lower the car a few inches you will just be driving on the bump stops NASCAR style. Motons and Penskes do not use Bumpstops"

Thanks.

Eduardo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when you lower the ride height, the shock is compressed by the equal amount. So, if you lower the car one inch, the shock is compressed an inch and the bump stop is one inch closer to making contact. If you are driving "enthusiastically" or tracking the car, suspension bottoming on the bump stops could upset the handling and cause problems.

Ok thanks!!

How much should i cut then if i lower the car by 1.25" with the caps please.

Not sure what the bump stops look like, but does it mean i have to cut 1.25" of them? Is there that much of them?

Red that, is that right

"Most important thing, either cut them into a third the height and install the one third piece or throw them out all together, if you don't and you lower the car a few inches you will just be driving on the bump stops NASCAR style. Motons and Penskes do not use Bumpstops"

Thanks.

Eduardo.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to track the car? I am lowering mine with the caps looks like a little less than one inch. I might take about a half inch off mine. Just a compromise. I am not looking to track my car but on the streets I might drive "enthusiastically". I may hit a speed bump or pothole and I don't want to do any damage.

Someone with knowledge of the full travel of the suspension and stock shock would be the best to answer if they should be removed with an inch and a quarter of drop. That much lower and your tires may rub with no bumpstops at all.

OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to track the car? I am lowering mine with the caps looks like a little less than one inch. I might take about a half inch off mine. Just a compromise. I am not looking to track my car but on the streets I might drive "enthusiastically". I may hit a speed bump or pothole and I don't want to do any damage.

Someone with knowledge of the full travel of the suspension and stock shock would be the best to answer if they should be removed with an inch and a quarter of drop. That much lower and your tires may rub with no bumpstops at all.

Thanks.

I will probably do 3 to 4 track days a year keeping road alignement to save tyres and road feeling.

Eduardo.

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to lower my '02 RT/10 to eat up the gap between tires and fender. Recommendations??

JonB, you reading this??? What do you have?

I read about the track issues, but if and when she ever makes it out on track, it will be the driving Miss Daisy class. We use it as a Sunday driver...ok, Saturday also...well, we drive it whenever we possibly can, but we don't drive it too hard.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their input.

OP
OP
E

Eduardo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to lower my '02 RT/10 to eat up the gap between tires and fender. Recommendations??

JonB, you reading this??? What do you have?

I read about the track issues, but if and when she ever makes it out on track, it will be the driving Miss Daisy class. We use it as a Sunday driver...ok, Saturday also...well, we drive it whenever we possibly can, but we don't drive it too hard.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their input.

Welcome for jumping in :nono:

Only joking :) but hope he answers my question first though :D

I guess you can do what i am doing Eibach pro kit + caps but more answers will come regarding bumps stops i think.

Eduardo.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did talk to both of you today...thanks. ''THE YEAR MATTERS....''' the Bump-Stop issue On G3-4 is more crtitical than G2. So the answers are NOT the same!