Burn out??

DviperX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My new tires come in and I will put them on in a week or two. First I want to burn out in a parking lot or some where safe. Can some one tell the proper way to do it with out damage to engine, car or myself :) ? I have never done a burn out.

OP
OP
D

DviperX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool:) Do I hold the brake? Full throtle? Hold clutch/brake at same time? I done on a harley but I had clutch brake and trottle at finger tips.

YoungGun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I got a few pointers for you... I would not put bleach out. Yes it does make a crap load of smoke but you will be cleaning off the rear of the car for weeks from all the rubber melting. This is how I would do it is I was you. First rev up some good reps over 3500 like around 4k or so dump the clutch and then after spinning hit the breaks foot break that is. dont touch the hand break. With alittle practice you will be a burn out pro. I would not tach out the gear keep your rpms around 5k-5500 and you should be able the spin for quite a while. Manuel trans. are not the easist to burn out on, auto. rear wheel drives are cake. I think you car handle it! have fun look out for cops they seem not to like big smokey burn outs!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy...[******] the steering wheel to the left quite a ways...then let out the clutch so you just idle around...then punch it...the snake will take care of the rest and enjoy the ride it will give you

YoungGun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
line lock is a kit that locks all the brake fluide in the front breaks keeping them locked up and you can burn burn burn rubber all you want and they wont move. and all you have to do is hit a the switch that lets it loose... poor mans line lock is keep you foot hammered to the ground on the front breaks that is a line lock burn out.

OP
OP
D

DviperX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I like the donut method also:) I think I'll try that one. I will be sure and take plenty of photos.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH my lord you drive a viper and you've never done a burn out? I thought this was a joke at first lol. Ok sorry well i say you go all out and pour a little bleach down because more smoke is always better , BUT you don't have to. Just kinda how YOUNGGUN said rev it up to about 3-3500 rpm's and dump the clutch, Then hit the foot brake with your left foot when the tires start to spin WHILE still giving it gas with the right foot, it should stop moving forward but if it dosent just smash the brake a little more and if the tires start to slow down and rpm's drop give her more gas and hold it around 4500-5 grand and just burn them off until your satisfied.

YoungGun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah with the donuts remember... stay away from fixed objects. My first car 1990 V6 camero I was 16 and didnt quite grasp how a car would act when countersteering out of a donut and hit a lightpoll. it was a learn experance. I think i might me a pro at it now. I have done it alot in five years

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is all fine and dandy guys but remember that whenever you have your foot on the brakes without line lock, the rear brakes are holding as well and you put undo stress on the rear brakes. You can certainly do it that way but I wouldn't do it to often or you will be replacing brake shoes and rotors.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is what a line lock does for you.........i hit 90 mph in 3rd gear on this 10 second burnout :headbang:

i just put one on my camaro last month too. i will have some pix of my camaro smokin em come this summer

2776BURNOUT-med.jpg

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jegs sells the kit, but the actual name that line lock is named is called "roll control." I had mine installed by somebody who knew what they were doing. I would not attempt to install it myself because I don't know what the hell I am doing.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper, unfortunately, has way to much bias to the front. It is possible to slow the front wheels down a little while exerting very little pressure on the rears. While doing a burnout, apply just enough brake to slow down the car. If you do it right, your speed will slowly increase until the tires finally grab about 100 yards down the road. I'll post my video in my gallery. You don't need bleach.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new tires come in and I will put them on in a week or two. First I want to burn out in a parking lot or some where safe. Can some one tell the proper way to do it with out damage to engine, car or myself :) ? I have never done a burn out.

Im sorry,

But you have NEVER done a burn out and you bought a viper? You will be the next statistic in the viper wreck registry, please go take a driving school.