Busted for no tag

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same exact thing happen to me on I-40 in TX.

I was driving from Vegas to SC when it happened and only a few days prior to VOI 10.

I got nailed with a 300 dollar ticket $200 for the citation and another $100 to have it deferred.

I was pissed but what can I do? Drive from Vegas to sh*tttttty assed northern TX which is about a 20 hour drive to fight it with a redneck judge. NO THANKS.

At least I didn't get any points for it but it ***** that I had to shell out the bux for my first ticket in over 20 years!

Texas DPS = MONEY GRUBB"N ASSHOLES!

We are such pig sucking **** here. But hey, gotta get that beer money some how!

Texas... You have cash!!! :lmao:

:beer:

:tx: :tx: :tx: :tx: :tx: :tx:

Last edited:

Loreto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B. hooked me up with mine. Watch out for those Monday calls - ouch! I never put mine on but have been pulled over a few times. I keep it in the trunk and have used the old "I just washed my car" trick. :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Better paying for a "no front plate" ticket than a speeding ticket (and insurance increase) from a sharp laser return off that only flat, reflective Viper front surface.

I have had the opportunity to LASER oncoming traffic with Speed Laser.
I can attest that the VIPER HEADLIGHTS are highly reflective, and directly focused to bounce LASER back at the operator, (just like the OE light beam ) regardless of no front plate.

Laser is just a LIGHT BEAM....and the headlights are perfectly designed to reflect and focus it forward.

The ONLY way you can hide from targeted laser is by picking up the early reflected "splash" of cars being metered AHEAD of you. (TREAT ALL LASER ALERTS AS REAL, not falsies.)

If you're the lone speeding target, and V-1 lights up LAZER, Just pull over, you are MEAT....

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$30 for this ticket in Denver.

I have always had problems with this type of ticket. I went down to Cherry Creek recently and paid for parking, which many don't. What is my reward for being a good citizen? A ticket for no front license plate waiting on my window. The car in front of me had no money on the meter, but no ticket. AND they wonder why the economy is no bad. Cherry Creek businesses won't be getting my money any time soon. Thank their local renta cop for that.

Personally I hope the cop that ticketed me gets what is coming to him in his life. No use for city cops as they are just a waste of skin. Renta cop is just sad and bitter becuase he was unqualified to be a state trooper.

Hopefully someone just fights this type of law on behalf of the entire country. It's extra money that does NOT need to be spent. Stupid requirement.