Button Willow this Thursday the 5th, lets go!

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are going to Viper Days at Button Willow, or anyone else for that matter. Thursday The 5th is the Brian Angen Memorial track day. So far there is only 21 cars signed up!
There will be up to three run groups. We want to see 30 to 50 cars at this event. It's a great opportunity to drive without timers at you own pace and hone your skills for the Viperdays challenge to follow. This event is in no way a part of Viper Days however some of Viper Days staff will be there to help out.
The event fee is $300.00 for the day. This will include lunch.
Believe me, this is the most track time you will get in one day. Please e-mail to [email protected] or you can e-mail me at [email protected]
(Friday is a test and tune day)
Hope to see you there,
Fast Viper Dan

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will, unfortunately, not be able to make it. If I leave Wednesday night, I should get to Bakersfield in time for the test and tune on Friday, but in doing so I'll miss American Idol so it's a bit of a toss up. Next week I have an 18 hour drive (in the Viper) to get to the track, one day of test-and-tune, two kick-butt days of track, then 18 hours (1000 miles) back to Seattle. So, an additional full day in the Viper just won't be possible. See you there,

Andy

OP
OP
Fast Viper Dan

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, That is one long drive. Look me up friday,Silver\Blue #99. Have you tryed driving with your sport shims removed? I will be glad to help you pull them out if you want to try it. Even thou your just a few points behind me I wold like to see you take advanage of all the options. You ran real good at Thunder Hill and I would not be surprised if you beat my times at Button Willow and take first place.
Good Luck!
Dan

We would still like to see some of the Southern Cal. Drivers at the track on Thursday! I know it's a late notice but just show up and we will get you in.
"Race Ya Later"
(Brian Angen)
usa-clear-s.gif

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be a dumb question, but what are sport shims? Is this some sort of rookie initiation thing where my wheels fall off after we do this? I'm getting the car prepared now, but have this recurring problem of locking up the driver's side tire - it starts to skid at the drop of a hat. The car's going in to get aligned tomorrow, and I'm going to see if the alignment guys can figure out what might cause this.

As far as Thunderhill goes, I think that I just had a few really good and smooth laps after the rain got the track nice and clean. Beginner's luck. Steve Prewitt will probably beat us all by 5 seconds (again) if he shows up - that guy is unbelievably fast. If I manage to knock a few seconds off of my lap time from earlier this year I'll be happy.

OP
OP
Fast Viper Dan

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, The sport shims are steel shims in-between the frame and upper a-arm in the front of the car. If you loosen the two clamp bolts and remove the shims (gold zink plated steel, 1/4" thick L shaped) this adds (?) 1 +- degrees of camber and a little tow out. I dose make the car corner a little better. (less push up front). Like I said look me up and I will show you what they are and then if you want to try it I we can remove them. It is easy to do and takes about a 1/2 hr. Then we can put them back on Sunday before you leave.
Dan

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get down there on Friday for the test and tune, so I'll try to catch you then and maybe try it out.