C6 info from the SCCA boards I found interesting

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this car sounds pretty darn good. I hope the we get a street legal coupe to compete with in T1...

GM/Chevy officials in Australia have told Holden that new C6 will have a lot of upgrades derived from C5R program including Reduced weight with hydroformed Aluminum frame @2800#'s, lower CG, lower Roll Center, better handleing and interior fitment.

C6 Coupe/Vert will have better intake flow and new 3 valve heads with 2 intakes valves actuated by a "Y" rocker in the 6.0-6.2L range next year.

The following year the C6Z06 will have a 6.7L (406 cu in) engine with 482HP and 479 lb FT Torque as a base engine. A 427 Gen IV is also being considered as an additional option for the Z06

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow! Would love to see the 427 back, especially in a 2800# car!

You have my interest, GM, keep talking. Might just have to get me one-ah those!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously -- a factory 427 coupe weighing under 3000# would be enough to induce me to scrounge another parking space. I wouldn't get rid of either of our Vipers for it, but even considering a 'vette (other than an LPE car) is a significant step for me.

Bones

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 427 sound very cool. Just hope the styling looks different than the C5. All the C6 pics I have seen look like a C5 with Viper headlights and mild body changes.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree w/ bones,,,, mopar made the srt look like a vette, and
gm made the vette look like a viper (from the pics). I don't think the srt is as **** as gen.1&2 Just my .02

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1&2 have that Horny look, SRT does not, I had vettes for years, I'll keep my Gen II Viper

FLX

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the 427 they are talking about the short block or a big block 427? The bowtie guys had to bore and stroke their small block out to 427 to compete with the Vipers at Le Mans. From what I understand, this is the block that Lingenfelter uses to tune his big boy with.

As far as mystique, I would think that there is more of that with a big block, than a bored out small block. Tell us more!

JMO.

Brad

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was assuming it was a smallblock just by what they have done with the LS1/6 over the years in terms of evolution and forward engineering, but I dont know for sure.