C6z06 Or 06 Srt10 Coupe????

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, driving skill seems to be one of those things that people refuse to master, nowadays. Wussifcation of the USA!

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am 25 insurance is not that bad 280 a month for full with somewhat cheap deductibles, I would like to put in my .02, I purchased a 06 Srt-10 coupe about a month ago, I told some friends right before the purchase I was about to put in an offer one of them looked at me and said "Your an idiot, Get a Z06 it'll smoke it" after a silent moment to calm down I said in return "Yea your right what was I thinking? The millions of those on the road should have told me its a much better car" Jack ass, I don't care if there are cars that will beat me above 130 mph or at any speed for that matter I've seen V8 vega's and pinto's that would put a stock snake well behind their bumper in a straight line, What I wanted was one of the most shocking, jaw dropping works of art to ever hit the streets and that IS the Viper!....If you are out to beat your friends I would honestly go with a stock c5 or c6 that you could pick up cheap (they are a dime a dozen) and mod it so heavily a Zr1 wouldn't wanna even sleep next to it. JMO either way enjoy :drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smart man...I a 2010 viper at 90K will simply run away from a used 2005 Gallardo at 90K..Heck even a gen3 srt10 will slowly pull one. But at the end of the day as awesome as the viper is it just isnt quite at the same level as the lambo. As awesome as the Z06 is it just isnt quite at the same level as the Viper.

They are all fast 120 mph plus cars in the 1/4...But with money thay can all become 140 mph cars..But no magician can turn a vette into a viper. Though the Vipette was actually a pretty decent attempt.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
smart man...I a 2010 viper at 90K will simply run away from a used 2005 Gallardo at 90K..Heck even a gen3 srt10 will slowly pull one. But at the end of the day as awesome as the viper is it just isnt quite at the same level as the lambo. As awesome as the Z06 is it just isnt quite at the same level as the Viper.

They are all fast 120 mph plus cars in the 1/4...But with money thay can all become 140 mph cars..But no magician can turn a vette into a viper. Though the Vipette was actually a pretty decent attempt.

Agreed and as much as I hate to say it, that was a pretty cool combination. :shhh2:

Attachments

• general_mopar_vipette_ttac_01_02.jpg
    general_mopar_vipette_ttac_01_02.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 34

streetoreca

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own both... The Viper was my ultimate dream and I bought the vette when I got impatient and was sad about it every day until I bought the viper.

I drive the vette every where like a ******, don't care if a valet touches it, don't care if it gets scratched, and I take it on road trips comfortably.

The viper only comes out on those special days and no corvette could possibly give you the same awesome feeling of owning a viper

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own both... The Viper was my ultimate dream and I bought the vette when I got impatient and was sad about it every day until I bought the viper.

I drive the vette every where like a ******, don't care if a valet touches it, don't care if it gets scratched, and I take it on road trips comfortably.

The viper only comes out on those special days and no corvette could possibly give you the same awesome feeling of owning a viper

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. I Just picked up a C5 for a daily driver. It has the LS1 that I love and is so easy to work on as I have built 10 second Ls1s before. Its comfortable and I can leave it anywhere without worrying about it.Its no Z06 but I'll build it up fast and cheap. I really like it.

That being said, every time I look in the garage I get happy just looking at the viper. When I was a kid I always wanted a car like this, but grew up poor and didnt think Id ever have one. It only comes out on the weekends or for special occasions. I would never daily drive it. The vette is just a car for me, but the viper is my dream car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21