CalChrome Before/After Pics

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who needs to spend $5000 on aftermarket wheels to be a baller?

These pics were taken in the same spot, with the same light, and the same camera.

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER (excuse the rust on the rotor. Car was washed while wheels were away)

V

Venomiss

That did turn out nice!

We need to get them as a sponsor here.;)

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to see them on the full car. Not sure I am sold on chrome wheels. Seems a bit over the top and a little too "pimpy" but I am still open. Would like to see the full car shot.

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to see them on the full car. Not sure I am sold on chrome wheels. Seems a bit over the top and a little too "pimpy" but I am still open. Would like to see the full car shot.

I hated having a shiny car with hazy wheels. I'm angry that I didn't do it 4 years ago.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, they look outstanding....

The polished wheels look great when new... But after time get faded from swirl marks.. CalChrome certainly has dont a lot of business, with Viper wheels

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the wheels chromed all the way through or is just the face chromed? I can't tell from the pics.

Looks great even though it's on a yellow car... :D :kidding:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cal Chrome is very thorough. They actually convert the wheel to chrome; it's solid chrome now!

Lol! :rolaugh:

I knew what I said and what I meant wouldn't come out right...

I was wondering if the inner portion of the wheel (the flat part (width wise) that is just behind the face that makes up the majority of the structural portion of the wheel) is chromed or if it remained polished.

Solid chrome??? :lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most places only chrome the "outside." Which depending on the outer lip width can be a little or a lot. And most will be happy to chrome the inside for an additional charge. Usually double what they charge to chrome the outside. Minus all the prep work up to that point. My new iForged wheels that was an option I think but they were expensive enough as it is. Plus, just that much more to really be concerned with how dirty it is getting!

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures as it is still away for a couple of weeks..Too much salt and sand on the road..I had the whole works done, exterior, back barrels, center caps and Red lettering, SRT
Excellent job, looks great on the car....it was $1,750.00 plus my shipping to them about 250.00.

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that a mudflap? Where did you buy?

If your asking that about my car, then yes. I have small mud flaps on the front and back. I've had them on there for so long I don't even notice them anymore.

They're homemade. I bought some of those huge-ass truck mud flaps they sell at Autozone and such. They're the ones that are basically just flat pieces of plastic. Cut them with a hacksaw to the shape I needed.

Explaining how I mounted them would require 10-15 pictures and 2-3 paragraphs. Biggest challange was preventing stuff from getting behind them and causing issues. Took some trial and error.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang