Calling All 'Real' Vipers -- Not The Fake Ones

OP
OP
G

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Calling All \'Real\' Vipers -- Not The Fake Ones

I never did the University cigarette thing. But I sure do like me some Milwaukee's Best Ice.

I was only fifteen then, but I don't remember the Viper being compared to any car. It was hands down the rawest muscle car ever. Four hundred horses had nothing to do with it. Corvette had its 454s and ZR1s. The prime factor that placed the Viper atop the rest was its utter contempt for amenities.

Horsepower is nice, but it has become too much of a gimmick. Torque means more. Torque gets you going. That's why twin-screws are taking over centrifugals. Centrifugals create more horsepower at high RPMS, but the twin-screws have an incredible torque curve that starts early on. This is the Viper legend -- lack of amenities and incredible torque curve.

If you are going to ride a bull, expect to get dirty. If you want to play My Little Pony, go put on your dress.

I think DC will eventually cancel the Dodge Viper. It won't matter if they install auto-pilot and heated-seats and ten thousand horsepower. It's too bad DCs Viper constituents are now softballers that follow foolish magazine buzz. Go back to what it meant to own a Viper.

What everyone truly wants is an exclusive Z06. The Z06 is the most sophisticated, balanced car in the world. Ever. But because it looks like any another Corvette it's just not enough. It must be exclusive, so I look like a rock star. And there you have the Viper. An exclusive Z06. It didn't start out that way.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Uh huh. Please pass it this way...
You must be registered for see images

Santo

OP
OP
G

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why would any Viper owner reveal that their model year is the most refined? Is that not the worst possible thing to say about your Viper? Is this not the Dodge Viper forum?

I could just imagine some kids watching me drive down the street and say, Wow, that car is so refined. If you want refined go buy something with a bunch of variable-controlled valves. Yeah, just like horsepower, the more valves the better. Well if MotorTrend says it it must be true.

Oh no, the newest Hondas have so many valves, DC better step it up, the Viper is losing the battle.