Calling on the Viper Family ... Send Big Brake Dave a get well soon card !

Status
Not open for further replies.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, a fellow Viper owner, VCA member, site sponsor and truly one of the best friends I have made through the Club, Big Brake Dave has sadly been diagnosed with cancer. Details are not completely clear at this point, but a positive plan of action is in place and will hopefully get him back behind the wheel of his Race Yellow Viper very soon.

I'm hoping the ENTIRE Viper Family will join me and help keep his spirits high as he begins his solitary battle with this insidious disease.

Rather than flooding his email or cell phone with messages that he quite honestly has not been spending a lot of time with, I thought this would be a better idea.
Let's all send him a playing card with whatever Get Well Wishes or sentiment you may want to include, along with your name or screen name on it. If EVERYONE sends him at least one playing card, he will have a substantially stacked deck of cards in his favor as he begins his battle.

Please mail them to:
Big Brake Dave
17574 Bocage Pt.
San Diego CA 92128

He has made it very clear, at this point in time, that he will NOT be taking Visitors.
Rest assured that he is in very good care. We all want to know "How he is doing", but to force him to continually answer that question via email or phone will take away from his much needed focus to deal with what he must go through.
Please respect his request and allow him to get as much rest as he can.
I will post updates on his progress as they become available.

His parts and accessories business www.davesbigbrakes.com is still up and running thanks to his wife and family. So do not worry about any pending orders.

[media]http://www.kouchicentral.com/images/09-6%20pendleton/DSC_0871.JPG[/media]

We are all part of a very close Viper Family and your support will mean the world to him.

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this. Please get well soon Dave, sending prayers your way.

Jason

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad. a dreaded disease but curable in many cases nowadays. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Dave. Get Well Soon!

eagles

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Dave today....He is still in the hospital and undergoing more testing :(
He is bored silly and is looking forward to getting home which will hopefully be in the next few days.

I spent some time and made this for Dave.

[media]http://www.kouchicentral.com/images/misc%20pics/DSC_1342.JPG[/media]

All the cards that you guys/gals are sending will end up here.
His spirit is gonna soar when he sees all the cards with your best wishes.
Keep sending them and lets fill this special card holder to the max.

Thanks everyone,

Lance

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck Dave. And I hope you can respond to a post directed to you soon as well.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? Screw this! Dave, you'll beat it! We love and miss ya over here.

You've got all our thoughts and prayers from NY/CT.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, I'm putting something in the mail for Dave in which he liked when he came to Tators Tech Session.......My yellow and black Viper Jacket that matches his car...Stay strong Dave, Adrian Byrd

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, I'm putting something in the mail for Dave in which he liked when he came to Tators Tech Session.......My yellow and black Viper Jacket that matches his car...Stay strong Dave, Adrian Byrd

Dave is going to be so overwhelmed and pleased with all the support from the Viper Nation.

Hopefully he'll be home soon and will respond to the thread himself.

For now, let me thank everyone for participating as I know this will definitely lift his spirits.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Dave today....He is still in the hospital and undergoing more testing :(
He is bored silly and is looking forward to getting home which will hopefully be in the next few days.

I spent some time and made this for Dave.

[media]http://www.kouchicentral.com/images/misc%20pics/DSC_1342.JPG[/media]

All the cards that you guys/gals are sending will end up here.
His spirit is gonna soar when he sees all the cards with your best wishes.
Keep sending them and lets fill this special card holder to the max.

Thanks everyone,

Lance

Lance, that is NICE work. And this is a bump, as well... :2tu:

CarterViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadly, a fellow Viper owner, VCA member, site sponsor and truly one of the best friends I have made through the Club, Big Brake Dave has sadly been diagnosed with cancer. Details are not completely clear at this point, but a positive plan of action is in place and will hopefully get him back behind the wheel of his Race Yellow Viper very soon.

I'm hoping the ENTIRE Viper Family will join me and help keep his spirits high as he begins his solitary battle with this insidious disease.

Rather than flooding his email or cell phone with messages that he quite honestly has not been spending a lot of time with, I thought this would be a better idea.
Let's all send him a playing card with whatever Get Well Wishes or sentiment you may want to include, along with your name or screen name on it. If EVERYONE sends him at least one playing card, he will have a substantially stacked deck of cards in his favor as he begins his battle.

Please mail them to:
Big Brake Dave
17574 Bocage Pt.
San Diego CA 92128

He has made it very clear, at this point in time, that he will NOT be taking Visitors.
Rest assured that he is in very good care. We all want to know "How he is doing", but to force him to continually answer that question via email or phone will take away from his much needed focus to deal with what he must go through.
Please respect his request and allow him to get as much rest as he can.
I will post updates on his progress as they become available.

His parts and accessories business www.davesbigbrakes.com is still up and running thanks to his wife and family. So do not worry about any pending orders.

[media]http://www.kouchicentral.com/images/09-6%20pendleton/DSC_0871.JPG[/media]

We are all part of a very close Viper Family and your support will mean the world to him.

Thanks,
Lance
Feel free to send a get well card on me. Go to my website and pick the card fill out his info and your return info and we will send out a card from you. Yes a real card with a real stamp. I will pay for the card and the postage. I am sure getting lots of cards from the Viper Club members will make him feel better.
Enjoy
Corey

www.sendoutcards.com/coreycarter

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick update...
I talked to Dave today. He is glad to be back home and resting. He is slowly starting to eat real food.
He is REALLY enjoying all the playing cards from everyone ! So please keep them coming.

Thanks all for your efforts.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wonderful! I just got back into town and this is good to hear.

Get well yo prez! I was in HK thinking of how you used to fly planes into the old place. whew!

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
As posted earlier, Dave was in the hospital for about 10 days. He was finally released and boy was he glad to be back in the comforts of home. He was making baby steps of progress, started eating a little bit of real food and was regaining some strength. He even got to where he was able to take very short walks everyday. Well after 15 days home he ended up back in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs. Luckily it was a short 3 - 4 day stay and was able to make it home for Father's Day.

I spoke briefly with him on the phone today. It seems like every time he gets just enough strength to maybe start the chemo treatment, something else sets him back. He is hoping that on Monday they will finally get started.
He has to give himself shots everyday to help thin his blood. This has really taken a lot out of him and he has very little energy right now. He sounded so winded just from our short 10 minute phone call. Nonetheless, I was glad to hear from him and really wish there was something that could be done to help him.
Unfortunately this is a solitary battle that only he can fight and it is going to take some time.
He knows we are all thinking of him and it goes without saying that he certainly appreciates all the thoughts and concern.
If you haven't sent him a playing card yet, please take time to do so; if you already have, send him another.

Lance

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an email from Dave's wife Arlene which I received yesterday............

"Dave and I went to the oncologist this morning and the news isn't good. He's back in the hospital because he's lost so much weight and he's anemic and dehydrated. The doctor kept repeating that he will be there only a couple of days to make him more comfortable. Basically he had to tell Dave it's terminal and to get his affairs in order now. The chance chemo would do any good at this point is minimal and he did not recommend it. He would do it if Dave insisted. Right now, although I knew this was coming, I'm still in shock. I've told my daughter and will tell my son tonight. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and support during these trying times. I can't tell you how much it has meant to Dave and I. I'll keep you informed. Right now, the best way to contact me is through email. I'm really not feeling much like talking.

Arlene"

Very sad news no matter how you slice it.
Thank you everyone for taking the time to send a playing card out to him.
Now would be a good time to send another one just to let them both know how much the Viper Family is going to miss him.

Lance

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 4 weeks since you posted this ... I cant believe what I am reading here.
I know Dave and his BIG BRAKES for years from the forum ... please send my best wishes to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Markus, Bavaria, Germany.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So very sorry. Our best regards to Dave and his family...a very very rough time indeed.
Lance, thank you for keeping us updated. We can hope for a miracle...they do happen. ~mike & juli~

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. I never know what to say in situations like this.
I've only spoken to Dave a few times, besides meeting him at VOI. He is too nice a guy. Our family prayers go out to him and his family this week.

Dave, fight like hell, you just might win with all of us pulling for you. Joe and Donna

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the best to Dave (BBD) and his Family and Friends....... Dave good things can happen and fingers are crossed for you...
Baz

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am heartbroken to hear this news:(. I lost my little sis to cervical cancer back in 2003. This brings the same feeling I had back then with my sis. I don't know what else to say, other than Dave made me feel so welcomed when I joined the viper family back in 2005. My thought s n prayers go out to Dave and his family..

Bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth