CAlling Vipair...or Steve Prescott

PaulP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan lessor viper specialty is at the top! won't find better service

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone tried going by his place? I'm pretty sure some members are close to where he lives/works. I'm in the boat with the rest of you guys and made the poor decision of wire transferring part of deal to him.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read the other posts that that guy made on that "forum" that he created. Looks like he is the only person posting on that "forum." His posts sound like the posts of a leader of the tinfoil hat club. Calling out Ralph Gilles and SRT and Forgeline and others for incompetence. The ravings don't help his credibility on his issue with Vipair at all; which, otherwise, is very believable, and consistent with experience that other folks say they've had. I wouldn't use him as an example.

I have several friends though that seem similar in that everything is a conspiracy to them. Nice guys to talk to most of the time. Scary weird at other times.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dude ordered some stuff from Steve, got the run around, got ripped off, depressed, psychotropic drugs prescribed, started his own blog, and now on the verge dressing up like a ninja. That's what Steve does to people.....I've heard.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about any Hennessy comparisons but Steve has definitely worked his ass into a corner.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another "victim" of Steve's (Vipair's) shenanigans. It's a shame too, because he really is the nicest guy to deal with personally, but he is clueless on how to run a business properly. Ordered a carbon fiber dash kit which took something like 1.5 months to arrive after he promised a 5 day delivery time. He sent me only half the order first and claimed his wife packed the order and forgot to pack and send the other half of the dash. The delays in sending it to me we're because he claimed to keep not having had time to get to UPS, even though there was a packing slip created for weeks, and then blamed delays on his son breaking his hand and needing surgery. I liked him and wanted to believe him and tried my best to be decent about all of this, but then it all showed up damaged, with a piss poor job of the application of the clear coat. What happened was he applied the clear coat very shortly before sending it out to me, and then wrapped it in bubble wrap before it was dry. Needless to say, the one layer of clear coat was embedded with the bubble wrap when it reached me, and I had to have a body shop sand it down and re-apply several layers of clear coat. The other half of the dash showed up with just a poorly applied and very thin clear coat layer, so back to the body shop..... He offered to pay me back for the repairs, which was only about $150, and I have yet to get him a copy of the bill for him to do so, which is my fault. But then I ran into major problems with the installation on my dashboard because he sent me a part that was from a Gen 3 dash when I have a Gen 4, and I had to make several major retrofits to get the window switches to fit and work properly, not to mention many parts where screws were supposed to secure the carbon dash to the dashboard that were broken off entirely which made installation very difficult. And it became a major sanding project because of the poor fit quality due to the way he constructed the pieces.

In the end, it all worked out because the dashboard now looks amazing, but I had to go through hell to get to this point, not to mention far too much time and work, and nearly double the cost of the parts with all the extra work and parts that I needed to do to get everything to fit and look good. Had I known that this would be my experience, I never would have bought from Steve in the first place.

I just want to say that Steve is a very like-able guy, and extremely pleasant to speak with, but I get the sense that he over promises and way under delivers because he has too much going on at any given time. I don't think he is doing any more work on Vipers despite what his website says because he got tired of getting trashed by all the Viper guys who expected things like quality parts delivered in a timely fashion as he promises.

Last edited:

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to order a " coupe" rear for my convertible, But after reading all this( plus some more on other forums) i decided that the only way i would pay him for it would be if it had the parts already in my possession and then i'll send him the money. same with RSI, only did business with him once for a $75 dollar part and still had to call when i didn't received it, they sent me a free shirt( which i don't wear due to the bad reputation they have , lol).

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another "victim" of Steve's (Vipair's) shenanigans. It's a shame too, because he really is the nicest guy to deal with personally, but he is clueless on how to run a business properly. Ordered a carbon fiber dash kit which took something like 1.5 months to arrive after he promised a 5 day delivery time. He sent me only half the order first and claimed his wife packed the order and forgot to pack and send the other half of the dash. The delays in sending it to me we're because he claimed to keep not having had time to get to UPS, even though there was a packing slip created for weeks, and then blamed delays on his son breaking his hand and needing surgery. I liked him and wanted to believe him and tried my best to be decent about all of this, but then it all showed up damaged, with a piss poor job of the application of the clear coat. What happened was he applied the clear coat very shortly before sending it out to me, and then wrapped it in bubble wrap before it was dry. Needless to say, the one layer of clear coat was embedded with the bubble wrap when it reached me, and I had to have a body shop sand it down and re-apply several layers of clear coat. The other half of the dash showed up with just a poorly applied and very thin clear coat layer, so back to the body shop..... He offered to pay me back for the repairs, which was only about $150, and I have yet to get him a copy of the bill for him to do so, which is my fault. But then I ran into major problems with the installation on my dashboard because he sent me a part that was from a Gen 3 dash when I have a Gen 4, and I had to make several major retrofits to get the window switches to fit and work properly, not to mention many parts where screws were supposed to secure the carbon dash to the dashboard that were broken off entirely which made installation very difficult. And it became a major sanding project because of the poor fit quality due to the way he constructed the pieces.

In the end, it all worked out because the dashboard now looks amazing, but I had to go through hell to get to this point, not to mention far too much time and work, and nearly double the cost of the parts with all the extra work and parts that I needed to do to get everything to fit and look good. Had I known that this would be my experience, I never would have bought from Steve in the first place.

I just want to say that Steve is a very like-able guy, and extremely pleasant to speak with, but I get the sense that he over promises and way under delivers because he has too much going on at any given time. I don't think he is doing any more work on Vipers despite what his website says because he got tired of getting trashed by all the Viper guys who expected things like quality parts delivered in a timely fashion as he promises.

Most people who knew Ted Bundy thought he was a likable guy too.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to order a " coupe" rear for my convertible, But after reading all this( plus some more on other forums) i decided that the only way i would pay him for it would be if it had the parts already in my possession and then i'll send him the money. same with RSI, only did business with him once for a $75 dollar part and still had to call when i didn't received it, they sent me a free shirt( which i don't wear due to the bad reputation they have , lol).

First thing I would have done with the T-shirt is stick it in my trunk to be used as emergency ass wiping material. Because you never know.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad you got your parts and were able to get them in but I did warn you about dealing with vipair Aaron.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I would have done with the T-shirt is stick it in my trunk to be used as emergency ass wiping material. Because you never know.

You may have just come up with the member rejoin gift for 2015.....could also be used as a golf towel I suppose...

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the people who have been ripped off by this guy. Where does Vipair reside? Find the rules for Larceny in the state that the business resides in. If it's Texas:

"Class C" misdemeanor: $50 or less
"Class B" misdemeanor: $50 or more, but less than $500
"Class A" misdemeanor: $500 or more, but less than $1,500
State jail felony: $1,500 or more, but less than $20,000
Third degree felony: $20,000 or more, but less than $100,000
Second degree felony: $100,000 or more, but less than $200,000
First degree felony: $200,000 or more

- See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-theft-larceny-laws.html#sthash.ru2oYEv7.dpuf

Call the city's police station near Vipair and tell them that a person by this name and operating under this business has stolen XXXXX amount from you. That you would rather call the police then to take the law in your own hands. You have all the written proof and evidence (receipts, emails, whatever) to show that his intent was larceny. He will go to Jail if it's $1,500 and you may get your money back. It will cost him more in court fees, lawyer charges just to clear him or get him out of jail.

I'm so sick and tired of people like him, thinking there aren't any repercussions for their actions.

My friend did that a couple of times. One incident took place in Louisiana and he got his $500 deposit back on a car cause the guy flat out lied to him. Made excuse after excuse to return his money after months. The limits are lower in Louisiana.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2easy, can you give us an update? Inquiring minds want to know.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, Steve is posting AND trying to lure people in over on the VOA under the name "6th-Element". So, while he isnt answering anyone here, he is still out trying to f*ck people over on other sites.

Thanks, it is good to know his username there also. It does look like his last post on that other website was several months ago, at about the same time as his last post on this website. So, that is a help for those that are unaware of the history.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always tell my wife, saying the exact same things 3 times, doesn't help making things clear...but I guess you made your point...you don't like Steve :D

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reason # 492 that VCA will never recieve my dues..Are they a safe haven for Viper vendors that scam the community? Kind of like the Cuba of the Viper world?? How was this guy allowed to operate for so long on here? And how is RSI still on here?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reason # 492 that VCA will never recieve my dues..Are they a safe haven for Viper vendors that scam the community? Kind of like the Cuba of the Viper world?? How was this guy allowed to operate for so long on here? And how is RSI still on here?

We have to be vigilant DJV

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Talking about RSI here....It's one person's word against another's but I think everyone has drawn their own logical conclusion by now. Lol. A court judgment against them would be the final nail in the coffin but haven't seen that yet.

Cleverly, by posting he is promoting his business but not directly so you have to sum it up to free speech and not a particular site's fault for allowing. The warnings are so redundant that any one who plays with this fire and gets burned is gambling with the odds stacked against them significantly lol