Camera mount

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did a quick search, but still have a few questions. I am wanting to mount my camera in at 02 GTS. Has anyone used the Viper Innovations mount? If so what are your thoughts. I like the easy install however I don't like the final location of the camera. I suspect it is easy to modify the setup to move the camera further towards the rear of the car which is my preference.

There is a version that mounts to the seat belt retractor behind the seats that looks promising. I am guessing that it is no longer made although I can make my own. Does anyone have one they never installed that I could use as a guide or that you are willing to sell? I have access to a full machine shop so building one or more is not a problem.

If you use a bullet cam, where do you place your recorder? I have not found a convenient way to install the camera (recorder) in a location that does not interfere with a passenger.

Last resort is a window mount but again I am back to interference with the passenger. I am thinking about mounting it to the rear window but has anyone used these with tinted windows and had any problems?

TIA

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the (Dean?)Ward camera mount in my '06 GTS. It took a bit of time and I had to buy a special tool to remove / replace the seatbelt anchor. When I ran the Silver State Classic I mounted 4 cameras in my car. My regular camcorder was on this mount facing forward. I piggy-backed a bullet camera onto the same mount only pointing backwards. I also mounted a bullet camera on the passenger side dash (using tape) pointing at me and my navigator. On the steering column I mounted a small board camera pointed at the speedometer. I also had a microphone mounted near the tail pipes. This took some time and effort, especially to secure all of the recording gear so that it would pass the tech inspection prior to the race. I am looking in to getting some very compact digital video recording eqipment and experimenting with different camera locations. I think one on the roof which would include part of the front of the car might make some interesting footage. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Bob K