Can anyone Identify this exhaust? Is it Corsa?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone Identify this exhaust? Corsa? 2 bolt connection in front of rear tire

Trying to find a gasket for the below connection...Exhasut was on the car when I purchased it in 2004. Was installed sometime in 2001-2002. It does "slip fit", and band clamp, onto the Cat.. But also has a 2 bolt connection right in front of the rear wheel. The welds look factory to me, so I dont think this connection was "added". I went to replace the gaskets on the 2-bolt flange. Only to find out "Corsa" does not have any connections, and is completely "slip fit". Is that correct? If memory serves, I was told the exhaust was Corsa, by the prior owner. Is it?? Basically, Just looking for anyone who would carry this gasket. None of the parts stores, could match it. No part# or description, to order it either. thanks much...

Viper_Undercarriage_pics_002.jpg

Viper_Undercarriage_pics_005.jpg

Viper_Inner_Wheel_well_detail_005.jpg

Viper_Inner_Wheel_well_detail_103.jpg

Last edited:

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intercooled tips would lead me to believe that is the later model 4-muffler Borla system. Corsa has polished tips with rolled edges.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intercooled tips would lead me to believe that is the later model 4-muffler Borla system. Corsa has polished tips with rolled edges.

hmm. Im really curious now.. I just looked at pictures of the 4 muffler Borla. Dont think thats it....I always looked at the tips, and thought it looked different than a Corsa. But never thought about changing it. Since, it sounds great, combined with the Random Tech high flow cats (which I did intall). The car had stock cats on it, when I bought it.

I can tell (by the welds) the connection was not added, after the fact. This is how the exhaust came, and was made. By whomever..

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tips do not look like my Corsa. I think it is Borla.

Kurt

From the pictures. It looks like the Borla 4 muffler system has "Borla" stamped, in raised letters, on the mufflers. This does not..

It looks similar to the Corsa's "Track" system, for the SRT/10. But on Corsa's site, its only showing the 1 system for GenII's..

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, that's not Corsa's system. The tips are wrong and the Corsa doesn't have that joint in front of the back tire.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summitt sells copper 2 bolt gaskets btw.

Edit: Oops I'm thinking 2.25"-which yours probably is not.

Anyway, you should be able to find copper ones somewhere.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue what it is but I changed your title to Viper Owner as it's obvious you are, and I might add your car is immaculate, you could eat off the suspension. Do me a favor and add your vin to your profile to make my change conform. No one sees the vin but us admins. Oh, think about joining VCA also. Last chance for the cut rate $100 for the rest of this year and all of next before it goes up.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue what it is but I changed your title to Viper Owner as it's obvious you are, and I might add your car is immaculate, you could eat off the suspension. Do me a favor and add your vin to your profile to make my change conform. No one sees the vin but us admins. Oh, think about joining VCA also. Last chance for the cut rate $100 for the rest of this year and all of next before it goes up.

Thank you Lee... I will add my VIN#.. My car has 14,000 miles on it. The enitre bottom of the car looks like that. There is not a single scratch under the facia either. Never any repainting done at all...I took the side sill off, and the production date is still clearly visible written in "sharpie" Y11/3/00 (2001 model year). Thought that was pretty neat..

Yes, I will join the VCA. Been meaning to. This site has been a tremendous resource to me. Thats the least I could do.

Thanks for the input guys.. Im sure I will find a gasket, or cut one myself.. But now I'm really wondering. What exhaust do I have?

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they make a Corsa 3' "race" exhaust for GenII... Im thinking thats what it might be.

I dont think its Borla.. I just looked at detailed pics of their "4 muffler" system.. Could be wrong though

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll look at mine when I go home to verify 100%, but I am 95% sure it is a 2.5' Corsa (which is what I have). Before Corsa started making the 3.0', they only sold a 2.5'. It sounds incredible and flow as well as the 3.0' for a car making under 550HP. Big HP cars might gain a little switching to the 3'. To be honest, the stock headers + stock cats is where the HP is lost. No so much the cat-back IMHO. I'll post back in 3 hours when I get home from work.

P.S. - If I can confirm it's a 2.5 Corsa, a simple phone call to them will provide you with the gasket info.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll look at mine when I go home to verify 100%, but I am 95% sure it is a 2.5' Corsa (which is what I have). Before Corsa started making the 3.0', they only sold a 2.5'. It sounds incredible and flow as well as the 3.0' for a car making under 550HP. Big HP cars might gain a little switching to the 3'. To be honest, the stock headers + stock cats is where the HP is lost. No so much the cat-back IMHO. I'll post back in 3 hours when I get home from work.

P.S. - If I can confirm it's a 2.5 Corsa, a simple phone call to them will provide you with the gasket info.

thanks. that would be a huge help...

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, mystery solved. This IS a Corsa 2.5' system...

I pulled an old thread, from 7/2001. In which the original owner of this car, noted that he installed a Corsa exhaust.. After calling Corsa, they confirmed. This is an "early" version 2.5' exhasut, probably made in 2000. They did have those 2 bolt connections.. For future reference. The replacement gasket is the exact same gasket, used on a C5 Corvette axle pipe connection.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I pulled an old thread, from 7/2001. In which the original owner of this car, noted that he installed a Corsa exhaust.. After calling Corsa, they confirmed. This is an "early" version 2.5' exhasut, probably made in 2000. They did have those 2 bolt connections.. For future reference. The replacement gasket is the exact same gasket, used on a C5 Corvette axle pipe connection.

Glad you got an answer! It's always strange when you see these exhausts that have components that look familiar (in this case the mufflers, which look just like the current 3" system's mufflers), but other parts just don't add up.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep. Same as mine. 2.5' Corsa. Now go to your nearest tunnel and open it up. Music to the ears....

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To wrap this thread up, and for future reference. The replacement gasket for this is, Fel-Pro Part #60025. Available at Advance Auto stores..

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies to your system, but that two bolt connection looks like those on my belanger system (not saying yours is). When I did the install, they said to use high temp silicone gasket maker instead of a gasket. Said the surface is machined flat and doesn't require a typical gasket. You can pick up a tube at any parts store. once you figure out who made it, you might want to check with them to see if the silicone would work.

Oops, didn't see the second page, looks like you already figured it out... never mind :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960