Can Gen3 Be Charged with Battery Tender Through Cigarette Lighter?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, Can a Gen3 Viper Be maintained with Battery Tender Through Cigarette Lighter, or does that circuit cut off after a few minutes once the key is removed like the interior lights above the mirror? thanks

OP
OP
J

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!! LOL, I never even noticed that there was an outlet ..inside.. the console, but than again, I've only had this 2006 car since new. ;) I'll give it a day and see what happens. thanks guys...

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What is the best Battery tender--need some for the cars and Harley--can the same type be used for the cars and Harley?--thanks--Dave

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best tender by far is the Deltran and simply use the 12v in the console as its hot all the time. Best price for the tender is always on Amazon and they last forever. The 12v connector is an option to buy but cheap !!

OP
OP
J

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better, had a green light on the charger this morning indicating full charge. Appears (on my car at least) that the actual cigarette lighter is not hot all the time and the car would not charge through it. Switching to the outlet inside the console did the trick. thanks.

Last edited:

RolandDV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the Deltran Battery tender too and can recomend it. I also wanted a nice solution for quick connecting my battery tender. One of the viperclub members made a battery cover with quick access to the battery and as an extra a fixed Deltran connection. When I now enter the garage I can just plug in my deltran in the rear facia. It is unvisible installed in the rear airdam but easily accessed.

Here is the link http://dougshelbyengineering.com/Viper.html

When you search the forum you will find a thread and pictures

Roland

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Doug's battery cover is a very clever modification...and, it gives one quick and easy access to the battery in Gen III and Gen IV cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235