Can someone run a VIN# and possibly look at a GTS for me?

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking at putting a 96 GTS next to the SRT-10, can someone run the vin# for warranty work?
Is there anyone in the Paxton MA. area that would look at this car for me before I make a trip out there?
The vin# is 1B3ER69E2TV200495
:2tu:

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I looked that up online also. I am looking for someone to run the vin# through the dealership database to see if any motor, tranny, differential work had been done under warranty.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm confused(so, what else is new?!!)...a source (actually 2 sources) ran the VIN and saw "motor mount change"on the "right" on this VIN at the 756 mile point, along with tranny fluid change...then 3 weeks later...right motor mount change and tranny fluid change, noting milage still 756....WITH NO MENTION of ENGINE change. What gives???

Could the various terminals making the inquiry get different answers? I suppose anything CAN happen, but find it noteworthy that 2 separate inquiries at 2 different dealers got the same readout..."motor mount change" code number but NO MENTION of code for motor change.

Hopefully, we can find the error...as it would be a SHAME to stain this car's reputation, if indeed the info was not accurate or reliable. Is it a coding problem? Is it an interpretation problem...I'm lost!

HELP !!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The above note by Gary was an inside joke aimed at Brian (and NOT the Viper discussed in this thread)...I know, as I ckecked with Gary,,,who is busy whippin' up on Porsches today at Putnam Park in his new Archer SRT-4.

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACCORDING TO CHRYSLER RECORDS, THE MOTOR HAS NEVER BEEN REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY, ONLY THE RIGHT MOTOR MOUNT. THE RIGHT SILL WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY FOR CORROSION 11-19-99 AT 3085 MILES, SPARK PLUGS WERE REPLACED AT SAME TIME AS RIGHT MOTOR MOUNT 8-19-98 AT 756 MILES, TRANSMISSION FLUID ALSO CHANGED PER TSB 21-06-98 AT THE SAME DATE AND MILES AS MOUNT AND PLUGS. CAUSE FOR MULTIPLE ITEMS ON SEPARATE DATES MAY HAVE BEEN A CLAIM FOR ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION OR MAY EVEN HAVE BEEN CHRYSLER CHARGING BACK THE CLAIMS, IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION I CAN ALSO GIVE YOU THE ORIGINAL OWNERS NAME AND THE SECOND OWNERS NAME AND ADDRESS. IF INTERESTED E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL GIVE YOU AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE TO HELP.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About an hour, 10min for me. If you want e-mail me and I can take a look at it during the week of July 25 to the 31st.

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all the help.
I decided to go with another car. If all goes well, the deal will be done next week. I think you guys who know me wont be too surprised with what I roll up in next. It will compliment the SRT-10 perfectly!
:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang