Can someone take a look at an '04 Mamba in Flemington, NJ?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone take a look at an \'04 Mamba in Flemington, NJ?

The car has right at 5,000 miles on it and does not seem to have any issues with it based on description provided by the wholesaler - it is #103 of 200 - I appreciate any help that can be provided - I am thinking of getting into a Gen 3 after owning Gen 1's and 2's previously

I can be emailed at [email protected] for details - seller seems flexible as to scheduling an appointment

One question - if car is built after 1/31/04 will it not have the cam bolt issue or is the key the motor build date and not the car build date?

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Can someone take a look at an \'04 Mamba in Flemington, NJ?

Dwhitt

I have a Mamba as well #186, what you want to look for is in the serial number bar codes on the drivers door in the bottom left corner is an MDH code which standed for Month Date Hour, as long as your Mamba was built After 02/01/04 you will be o.k as that is when they caught the problem with the cam bolt issue.

It does not mean that all of them are effected before that date but lots were! so be careful.
The last thing you want to do is pay all the money only to have the motor ripped apart?? No thanks..LOL

Better yet take down the last 8 digits of the cars serial number, go to the website www.dodge.com then click on the top of the page were it says FOR OWNERS then when that opens click on RECALL NOTICES (second line down center) then enter the 8 digits od serial number and voila it will tell you if you car has any recall notices for any thing to be fixes including cam bolt issue or anything else. :2tu:

Good luck

Slick.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960