canadian viper value

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 00 GTS that comes from Canada it is supposed to have had every thing done to it, spedo, gauges, emissions, except the daytime running lights are still turned on. Is the value of the car affected with all this work done ( done buy a dodge dealer and on record). Also does anyone know what exactly has to be done to bring a Canadian car into this country. Thank you.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better buy a US car ...
However if you still insist to import the most difficult task is to have the smog check done. Espetially in CA.
When I lived in Mountain View I was unable to register my Old Mercury from Mi.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll have to bring it in through a registered importer, and the costs associated with importation are in the $500-$750 range I think. Other than that, go for it. It's the same car made at the same plant, and you can get the plug the U.S. cars have in place of the daytime running light module for about $10 to turn them off. I'm not aware of any difference in the PCM tuning for emissions for Canada, but it's possible there is a minor difference.

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It's the same car made at the same plant" - Absolutely correct! In addition, if the car is from the Province of Ontario, we have a very strict emissions test (E-Test) that must be done every 2 years. Ask your seller to do a "E-Test" and I am sure the car will pass any emissions test in the USA.

Regards,

Rocky

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you didn't state your location, I will post this caution. Meeting emissions is not the only criteria if the car is headed for California. Car must be manufactured for sale in California and so labeled on the car's emission tag. Otherwise you can not title the car in California. Please read the California DMV website for details.

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS ACR was brought in from Canada in 2002. Dealer took care of the spedo swap. No problems when I registered in CA, did great on the renewal smog check this past winter (even with mods). I like the day time running lights, so I kept them working.