Can't find any Gen I sidesills! Can anyone help?

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm really set on doing a sidepipe conversion to my B/W GTS, after checking many of your opinions on the matter. The problem now is, I can't find any Gen 1 sidesills for sale anywhere... I've tried ebay, viper classifieds, etc...

Can someone point me in the right direction, or maybe refer me to someone willing to sell or trade for mine? I don't think I want to do the Autoform fiberglass, its OEM or nothing I guess...

Appreciate any help:)

Jon/AZ

Last edited:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or getting aftermarket fibreglass ones....
Had them on my Gen1 RT and had no problems at all...

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon,

Right GENI rocker #5011894AB there are none left in Chrysler's stock! But I found two Dealers that have them:
Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Boardman, OH 800-636-3366
Frank Griffin of Orange Park, Orange Park, FL 904-278-2390

Left GENI rocker #5011895AB there are 59 left in Chryslar's stock, MSRP $3725.00

Less 20% VCA discount!:cool:
914-763-3136

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! I got some PM's from several people, much appreciated!

I'll post some pics once I finally get this done

Jon/AZ

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3700+ for one side sill is ridiculous. Anybody want to elaborate on why they are so expensive? Geez, to do both sides, with painting you are looking at $8000+.

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just do the autoform ones for $1200 set..
With Corsa track exhaust, looks like about a $2500 mod

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of the cost is Mopar genuine parts!! the other is that they are all aluminum(cast i think). i would buy the Autoform parts for what you are going to do and would def. look at classifieds and site sponsors.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious why you want to go to sidepipes. You'll be forced to cram a lot of stuff under the relatively short sidesill length. Often not really leaving room for adequate silencing.

In my experience, the routing of the exhaust thru the sidesills and out the back offers more advantages to Viper owners than disadvantages..

:drive:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen II with 4" sidepipes cut into them. I would be willing to trade for a stock set or sell them.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would try Paul Scharf as well. Probably one of the best places to get used viper parts.

Phone Number is 800-338-4002.

Ed

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious why you want to go to sidepipes. You'll be forced to cram a lot of stuff under the relatively short sidesill length. Often not really leaving room for adequate silencing.

In my experience, the routing of the exhaust thru the sidesills and out the back offers more advantages to Viper owners than disadvantages..

:drive:

I guess its mainly for the looks, I just have the taste for them I guess. This car never looked right to me with the two pipes tucked uner the back, maybe too European or something. Something about sidepipes is so American, so "in your face"..

On the other hand, I can understand people's aversion to the sound/drone, it does get to you after awhile, I've had several loud cars. Thankfully, I don't drive this thing enough for it to wear me out, and on track days I'll have a helmet on anyway;)

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side sills are nice and pretty cool looking as well but I sure haven't missed them since upgrading to my GTS. Sure, I have some drone which you can control by short shifting but man, those side pipes sure get loud!