Captree bridge incident 2/11

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a ride down to Captree yesterday, cold but nice and clear. On the way back north going over the bridge there was a silver SRT/10 and a yellow Porsche pulled over at the crest of the bridge, with cops AND a flat bed tow truck. Very unusual spot to be pulled over, actually blocking a lane on the bridge. I can only guess that one or both were getting impounded for racing. I assume that means arrested too. Everybody and their brother know the cops are always hanging around there, guess these guys didn't get the memo. Talk about a bad day.

Anyone have any other details?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! That's *****. Trying to think how many silver SRT's we've got in the club. Other than this thread, this is the first I'm hearing of it.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I know who it was.
Last time we were down there in late December, a bunch of us were talking to a guy who just bought a silver SRT, and he was asking us about blowers and ways to get more hp out of his car. He wasn't in the VCA. He has a very distinctive rear license plate bracket, snakes or something around the plate itself. Python Pete or make Snakebitten Peter would remember him. I'm pretty sure that was the guy, don't recall the name.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperjon the guy i think you are talking about was the guy who got the roll bar put in at Tators. I was at Tators when Rob was doing the install. I forgot the guys name. I saw him there a bunch of times.

no matter who it is, i hope it is not too serious. could be anyone including me.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperjon the guy i think you are talking about was the guy who got the roll bar put in at Tators. I was at Tators when Rob was doing the install. I forgot the guys name. I saw him there a bunch of times.

no matter who it is, i hope it is not too serious. could be anyone including me.

youre thinking of monster steve. it wasnt him either...

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they impounding cars now? Were the vehicles driving on the street illegally with open headers, not having registration, using race composition tires? Was anyone killed or hurt? If NYS is so concerned about people racing they can start by setting up a proper facility in the area instead of impounding cars and using the land for strip malls.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would guess if they caught you speeding at the upper limits of the car, they can slap you with enough fines or tickets and arrest you and impound the car. I have been pulled over doing 135mph in my 911 at the time and was nearly arrested and car impounded. the only thing that saved me is my uncle is a police chief.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Why are they impounding cars now?

I read somewhere that if you were caught street racing at any
speed the cops can impound and confiscate you car on the spot
and then sell it at auction for 'the victims fund.' I remember
an article about a half dozen cars in Jersey or NY that were
sold off under the new law and caused quite the stir.

Most states have automatic fines associated with street racing
now, but the laws are so vague that it gives cops enormous,
undefendable power. For instance, say if you are driving in
Delaware and you stop at a light. A minivan full of 16yos pulls
up next to you. The light turns green and the minivan floors
it down the highway, but you just sit there. In Delaware a cop
can "infer" that you were trying to race and still give you a
ticket for speed exhibition - which turns into an automatic
reckless driving - which in turns becomes a mandatory six month
suspension. Course you could fight it in court if your dumb
enough to think your word on a bible is even close to being
better than a cops word being blown into hankerchif.

Does it sound like they were racing - sure, where they actually
breaking any laws?... who knows...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If NYS is so concerned about people racing they can start by setting up a proper facility in the area instead of impounding cars and using the land for strip malls.
Because LIers don't want noise pollution in their backyards. They prefer having their cars impounded instead. Ironic!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A minivan full of 16yos pulls
up next to you. The light turns green and the minivan floors
it down the highway, but you just sit there. In Delaware a cop
can "infer" that you were trying to race and still give you a
ticket for speed exhibition - which turns into an automatic
reckless driving - which in turns becomes a mandatory six month
suspension.
I was driving the Viper in New Mexico (on the way to VOI-5). At a light this Mustang pulls up and guns it. I ignored him but as the light went green, he blasted off. I accelerated at a normal pace and 1 minute later had flashing red--and-blue all over me. He initially claimed I was road racing. But seeing as I was eating a burger and driving, he let me go. I told him to go after the Mustang and not me. But being the faster and newer (in 1999) car, he decided to stop me anyway. I hate it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, please, you're acting like children. Give it a break. Enough is enough!
Relax Russ :headbang: . There's just SO nothing going on here. I've asked Lee to remove the post, though I'm growing a bit weary of all the sensitivity. If folks are complete tools, they're going to get thrown out of the club. If others make silly quips about such tools years after they're gone... really, who gives a flying hoot? I'm guessing you really don't. My interest is just barely the 5 seconds it took me to post. But if it truly bothers you, my friend, I will make every effort to resist playing my all too common "silly" card. :D

And we still don't know who's car was impounded.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Captree bridge incident 2/11 *DELETED*

Post deleted by Lee00blacksilverGTS at the Wizards request.

This post was deleted because I was notified that my choice of words may have been insulting to some people. I apologize if I may have offended anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi