Car back from A&C Performance

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car just got finished from Todd at A&C Performance. Little extra power with F/I , some new shoes, oil catch can, and some cosmetic changes as well. Here are a few pics:

I truly can't say enough about Todd and the quality of work he does. Won't go too in detail now, but I would recommend Todd to ANYONE and EVERYONE. He can't be beat.

You must be registered for see images attach

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fill me in on the oil catch cans.

Whats the popular one used by most of the people on this site (brand, link please)?

Is it worth it to use on a N/A engine , or is it mainly for the Forced Induction crowd?

Sabera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful would be an understatement... Love your car =).

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the breather fron the catch can feed back into the Paxton intake? Can you post a closeup of that. I have been waiting forever
a pic of that. Thanks, Ron.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very clean install. Did you tune it on a dyno?.....if so share the #s!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catch cans are used by anyone wishing to preclude blow-by oil from getting into the intake manifold. I have a catch can in my N/A Setup.

I don't think that there are any "popular" brands. A good number of us have adopted the ACR-X catch can made by Peterson Fluid Systems. Give Todd from A&C Performance (or any vendor on this board) a call and they will lead you in the right direction.

OP
OP
E

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Whats the popular one used by most of the people on this site (brand, link please)?

Is it worth it to use on a N/A engine , or is it mainly for the Forced Induction crowd?

Bspinnin offered a much simpler explanation then I could, and better since I had to look it up myself to be clear.

"A catch can holds oil that comes out of the breather on the valve cover when running a car hard. This can will keep lost oil off of the racing surface. This is required in most sanctioned road and drag racing.

It can also be called a puke tank,as the engine sometimes pukes oil out around corners. The oil collected in here can be returned to the engine, or drained after the race."

Todd does his fully custom, and has been putting them on Vipers for a while now. As you saw the things I love about his is that both hoses being drilled in ensures it's more secure, clean black hoses, and a great looking catch can that conforms to the wheel well.

OP
OP
E

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where does the breather fron the catch can feed back into the Paxton intake? Can you post a closeup of that. I have been waiting forever

I'll throw a picture of this up when I get home. If you really want to see it now, you could probably take the top picture looking down on the engine and add some light to it in photoshop, but I'll post up a pic later regardless.

OP
OP
E

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very clean install. Did you tune it on a dyno?.....if so share the #s!

Car was tuned. We have a 708 cam, exhaust, rockers, and a fairly conservative tune with a smaller pulley as to not push the cast pistons. Corrected numbers are as follows, but tuning and dynoing always hurts a bit when it's a 100+ degrees (which it was).

640 RWHP
689 lbs/ft Tq

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ron,

I can't apologize enough. You asked me for these way too long ago.

I'll have these to you first thing Thursday morning.

Todd

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Erick,

Thanks so much for all the good words! I am really glad you put your faith in me on your car. Because you live so close. I'll continue to use your car as the one of my "test subjects" when I continue to make something new for the Gen2's (as long as that's ok with you)

Todd

OP
OP
E

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hopefully these are what you are looking for:

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you! I did not know that it vents into the air filter - I thought that it would go into one of the
hard pipes on the Paxton.

No problem Todd.
Is there a reason that you return the air into the filter?
Ron.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On this setup,

There will never be any oil In this line. And nobody likes to smell the fumes that emit from the breathers. It makes one feel that something's wrong when it's not. This eliminates that smell and also gives us positive crankcase ventilation, helps draw the air through.

The other option is to run the line to the Rear of the car to a standard can. No baffle, as its not needed here, rather just a k&n Breather. But to run the length of the car is costly with the particular hose we use and the addition of another can and fittings. We lose the positive crankcase ventilation but one get get away without this with -10 lines. Strictly preference.

If we wanted to go crazy we would just add a vacuum pump. But then nobody would want to buy a kit this expensive at that point :)

Todd

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you track your car at all, it's definitely worth it. I put one on my car and had a lot of oil in it after a track weekend. I hate to think that that much oil was going back into the intake before I installed the can. Not only does the oil rob power, but it has a very low octane rating and if it gets into the combustion process, can lead to detonation.

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fouled crankcase hot pressured air contains particulates of oil. Post couple thousand miles or sooner you will notice oily residue at recirculation intake connection.

Cheap fix. I ran a wide vent line to bottom of engine bay and smell aint bad.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sure is a nice Prius the Viper shares a garage with! ;)

I've thought about getting a cheap, used one to park next to the H2 and the Viper. I would drive it good bit for the gas mileage, but I would only get it in silver, stripe it to match the Viper and put every kind of racing sticker I could find all over the back of it. It would be fun just to see peoples reactions.

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the ticket Tow
I think Oil has a whoping 0 octane.

If you track your car at all, it's definitely worth it. I put one on my car and had a lot of oil in it after a track weekend. I hate to think that that much oil was going back into the intake before I installed the can. Not only does the oil rob power, but it has a very low octane rating and if it gets into the combustion process, can lead to detonation.

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd provided the same set up when installing the SC on my "96GTS with zero issues. BTW, I completely agree with Erick about the quality & professionalism of work Todd provides to his clients... its all FIRST CLASS!! :2tu:

Burt

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey we know making high HP & high reliabilty aint easy. Allow me a second.

Ive been nothing short of a die hard enthusiast & dropped watever *** on many modified cars & shops in Los Angeles since 1994.

We all like nothing short of the best relationship between Performance Shop & Customer. Its all about balance performance, price, quality...everyones satisfaction.

Had enough go down in past with cars. Its cool though.

I have a built N/A motor Viper and i have queries to find answers to couple items and its been a long process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss