Car dead quick help please

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Driving along (2003) and seemed like someone pulled all the plug wires...hit gas and it just barely accelerates then coasted off road and now won't start and sometimes it fires but large amount of black
Smoke comes out exhaust and smells like unburnt fuel.....I'm thinking coil? Anyone want to take a stab at it

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black smoke does sound like partially burned fuel, and with the smell you mention, I'd say that's right. I'd agree that coil went bad.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone know if coil seem to go bad often on these 03-06 srt's. What a treat getting a super slammed viper on a roll off, tow guy was good thou

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a code from the comput, did it throw one, if it threw a misfire code, just do a hard tune-up with a coil and go from there, it needs it anyway if it doesnt help it, but im shure it will fix it

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did not throw a code...........I checked spark with the screw driver trick on both banks and had a great blue spark on both. Check fuel pressure with just pushing in the valve after cycling the key and had good pressure. I will get a true reading tomorrow. I was hoping not to see a spark but I did which makes this alittle more confusing

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hooked up my sct and pulled a po320 code. quick search on that code says crank sensor. let hope its that easy:)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was gonna post crank sensor. Common wth the 03 I heard. Buddy of mine had the same thing. Parked at an autozone. Walked out and the car would not turn over.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im also thinking I just had to change out the power steering pump so maybe I messed with something when switching pumps. Im not sure where the crank sensor is but im assuming near the crank, so who knows maybe I hit something loose. I did drive the car on a 1100 mile trip after I switched out pumps so I should be glad It didnt break down then. This was the first time I drove the car since I got back.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok...update, not the crank sensor,,,crawled my ass under there, switched it out and nothing:( This is after getting the code po320 from the computer. So now I have a po340 code also. This does ****!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth