Car duster help

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18 years ago (can't believe my 93 is that old!!) I bought a car duster from Beverly Hills Motoring who, I believe, is no longer in business. After all these years it is still far better than a new California duster. Can any of you recommend a duster you are happy with?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, none of them, they hold dirt and mico scratch your paint- i take a damp microfib towel and drag it by its own weight across the paint to collect dust, then lightly buff behind it with a dry one

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will read a lot of different opinions. If you use it properly it will not scratch your paint. If you lay the car duster on your paint and brush it will scratch. If you hold it up above your paint and use the bristles to lightly wipe the paint it won't scratch.

F

FrgMstr

Love my Cali Car Duster. Junkman video on how to use it. But basically what KS said above. HOLD the duster's weight above the paint and just allow the bristles' ends to come into contact with the paint. No scratches, no problem. Cavemen probably should not use it.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will read a lot of different opinions. If you use it properly it will not scratch your paint. If you lay the car duster on your paint and brush it will scratch. If you hold it up above your paint and use the bristles to lightly wipe the paint it won't scratch.

That's been my experience as well. If you represent Geico insurance, and have a uni-brow, do not attempt.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a microfiber one and it works great. Can't remember where I got it though. Edit they have one at Autogeek.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been using the dusters for 15 years....no problems. It's all about technique as said above. It's not for heavy soil...just dust...and these days...pollen.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one and it totally ***** compared to the California Duster.
Thats what I did John & got the same results (it was supposed to be the same one BUT it was just a knock off) be careful, ALOT of imitators out there. I just use my old one on the wheels, by the way what ever happened to ole' junkman, haven't seen any posts from him in awhile (but I haven't been in the detail section in awhile either)!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cali Duster. Use it according to directions. No problems.
AJ; aka- The Junkman. He's back. Two new videos and more to come.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang