Car has been sold

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I decided to sell the Viper a little while back as some of you know, and the sale was finalized today. It was loaded on a transporter headed to a first time Viper owner, but ******** Mopar fan. It'll be in good hands.

Not sure where I'm going to land, as I'm certainly not ruling out another Viper...but my practical side has me wanting something fast with 4 seats for my young family. I'm going to step back for a bit and analyze family, finances and life in general and make the best decision.

I'll be hanging around here all the time, regardless...I really do still love Vipers and enjoy hanging with our local VCA members. Part of me wants to get another one solely for next years VOI!:rolaugh:

Sooooooo......anyone have a Gen IV for sale that can sway me back to Viper ownership?:drive:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan, sorry to see it go. You didn't have it long. Being single with no kids, I only have the finances hold me back from a Gen 4. That, and I cant justify the upgrade from my 03 that I can't even drive to it's lmits., let alone a gen 4. That being said, your situration has SRT8 Grand Cheroke written all over it!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan the sale must be bitter sweet. There is a good deal of cars making serious power but its hard to beat the Viper for all the obvious reasons. I think the only car I would consider right now is a ford GT and that is quite expensive....

You are doing the right thing. Don't rush, think it through and you will figure it out. If it is a Viper wait until the winter for some good deals.

Great meeting you and your family my friend. Keep in touch.

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, sorry to see it go. You didn't have it long. Being single with no kids, I only have the finances hold me back from a Gen 4. That, and I cant justify the upgrade from my 03 that I can't even drive to it's lmits., let alone a gen 4. That being said, your situration has SRT8 Grand Cheroke written all over it!

Thankfully we have two other family trucks so it'll still be a toy. I'm thinking CTSV coupe, Camaro ZL1 or Challenger if I go the 4 seater route

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan the sale must be bitter sweet. There is a good deal of cars making serious power but its hard to beat the Viper for all the obvious reasons. I think the only car I would consider right now is a ford GT and that is quite expensive....

You are doing the right thing. Don't rush, think it through and you will figure it out. If it is a Viper wait until the winter for some good deals.

Great meeting you and your family my friend. Keep in touch.

You as well Tom! If I had your fleet, these decisions wouldn't be that hard! lol

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see all this but as it was what you were hoping for I am happy for you. :)

I bet money it is only a matter of time before you come back to the vca but in the meantime, stick with the brand. They have some fantastic product now. :)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, congrats on selling your Gen III.

I'm willing to bet that you'll be back in a Viper this year...(or by next VOI)

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see all this but as it was what you were hoping for I am happy for you. :)

I bet money it is only a matter of time before you come back to the vca but in the meantime, stick with the brand. They have some fantastic product now. :)

Ryan, congrats on selling your Gen III.

I'm willing to bet that you'll be back in a Viper this year...(or by next VOI)

Thanks guys! I can't lie...I've really enjoyed the Viper culture much more than any other car community I've been a part of. It really makes it tough when I start thinking about another car

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thankfully we have two other family trucks so it'll still be a toy. I'm thinking CTSV coupe, Camaro ZL1 or Challenger if I go the 4 seater route

All good choices. I LOVE my 07 Charger SRT8, and that has the 6.1. The 6.4 is even better. Have you considered one? Although, if you have the $$, the CTSV would be hard to pass up. World-class performance.

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good choices. I LOVE my 07 Charger SRT8, and that has the 6.1. The 6.4 is even better. Have you considered one? Although, if you have the $$, the CTSV would be hard to pass up. World-class performance.

Well I'm gonna give it a fair chance and drive one.

I'm a GM guy at heart though, as my Vipers have been the only non-GM products I've owned.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you're Viperless...for now.

2014 Impala SS. Go fast and scratch your GM itch.

But I'd look at an SRT Charger too.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the ZL1 and the CTS-V. Essentially the same car, but the Cadillac is just nicer inside/out. ZL1 plays the role of weekend toy better, and gets around a roadcourse quicker. CTS-V does everything well, but the sucker drinks more fuel than a Viper :)

Tony

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our fleet includes the Viper, Challenger SRT8 (392 M6!), Jetta TDi (diesel), and a motorcycle. The Challenger would be my recommendation . . . a wonderfully designed, roomy and powerful machine.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna give it a fair chance and drive one.

I'm a GM guy at heart though, as my Vipers have been the only non-GM products I've owned.

I was always a GM guy myself. Then in 2006 I got the 300 SRT8, and I was in love with it. Then I was looking for a truck a few years later and was planning on the GMC Denali diesel, but after doing much research I settled on a Ram 2500. Then I finally got the sports car I always wanted last year, the Viper. I'm pretty much a Mopar guy now. Planning on a new SUV in a year or so, hands down it is going to be the GC SRT8. If I had to get rid of my Viper for a 4-door, hands down again it would be another 300 SRT8. Chrysler is just making better choices nowadays, GM is way behind.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, best wishes to you!!! Hope we'll keep seeing you on boards like Viper Jon. Take your time with a replacement, if you get the itch to drive a viper come to SoCal and we'll set you up. Mike

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan best wishes with your new hunt. Selling my Viper as well, i get kinda bored with my car after 2 or 3 years. This time im going to be out of the game for a while. Ive owned 1 or 2 sports cars for the last 20years, so being without one will be weird. Think i might go to a track only ride, thats what i miss most....

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I decided to sell the Viper a little while back as some of you know, and the sale was finalized today. It was loaded on a transporter headed to a first time Viper owner, but ******** Mopar fan. It'll be in good hands.

Not sure where I'm going to land, as I'm certainly not ruling out another Viper...but my practical side has me wanting something fast with 4 seats for my young family. I'm going to step back for a bit and analyze family, finances and life in general and make the best decision.

I'll be hanging around here all the time, regardless...I really do still love Vipers and enjoy hanging with our local VCA members. Part of me wants to get another one solely for next years VOI!:rolaugh:

Sooooooo......anyone have a Gen IV for sale that can sway me back to Viper ownership?:drive:

Absoluthank
Good luck with the new car, anything you touch turns to Gold, Still love the Blue and white, my all time favorite. My pick would be the new "SRT8 Grand Cherokee" had one a great truck can drive it anytime of year winter/summer, or S65. fast with lots of room for the family. Keep us posted on what you do.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you have some kw coilovers for sale. Or was that a different member

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny to read some of the posts...

I was a GM guy at heart...had 4 Corvettes and a LS6 blown Cadi-CTSV. Then I got the wife a 300C SRT8, then I got the Viper...then I bought a steel blue SRT8 Jeep, sold that and had seller's remorse and bought a black one. I'm now a MOPAR guy and don't see that changing any time soon. The Viper has ruined me... I don't see getting rid of my Viper unless it was for another one.

I do like the new CTS-V and the new Vette, but am leaning towards another SRT8....Challenger or Charger maybe?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I'm not alone after reading some posts. I guess you could say I'm a GM guy, and have been for over 25 yrs now. I even used to hang out on a very popular GM website. But, lately, the new GM vehicles just don't appeal to me. I still enjoy my CTS-V, but even it is starting to feel a bit dated since I've had it since 2009. Owned a couple new Camaros, got bored after a year. What is really lacking with most GM vehicles is the interior updates. This is where Chrysler/Dodge/SRT have really stepped up. I absolutely love the interior on my '13 Viper and '13 Ram truck. Easily the nicest truck I've owned, even though it wasn't nearly the most expensive. Dodge is making the best newer products, in my opinion. The C7 Corvette and upcoming Gen 3 CTS-V may be interesting, however. I may even look at a 2014 Camaro Z28 when it comes out, as long as they got rid of the cheesy Playschool looking plastic/cheap looking gauges that the 10-13 cars have.

So, now Mopar vehicles outnumber my GM vehicles at the house. Never saw that ever happening.

Tony

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You know I can still make that car you wanted ;). I have a few Vipers to make it from.

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I'm not alone after reading some posts. I guess you could say I'm a GM guy, and have been for over 25 yrs now. I even used to hang out on a very popular GM website. But, lately, the new GM vehicles just don't appeal to me. I still enjoy my CTS-V, but even it is starting to feel a bit dated since I've had it since 2009. Owned a couple new Camaros, got bored after a year. What is really lacking with most GM vehicles is the interior updates. This is where Chrysler/Dodge/SRT have really stepped up. I absolutely love the interior on my '13 Viper and '13 Ram truck. Easily the nicest truck I've owned, even though it wasn't nearly the most expensive. Dodge is making the best newer products, in my opinion. The C7 Corvette and upcoming Gen 3 CTS-V may be interesting, however. I may even look at a 2014 Camaro Z28 when it comes out, as long as they got rid of the cheesy Playschool looking plastic/cheap looking gauges that the 10-13 cars have.

So, now Mopar vehicles outnumber my GM vehicles at the house. Never saw that ever happening.

Tony

I know how that goes. Cadillac, Ford, Dodge, Toyota all in my camp

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, I know the situation and feeling well as I kind of went through this last year when I sold my Gen III Coupe due to medical situation. I wanted to get back in Viper for community, fun, etc. and just loved the cars. I still have my 95' Saleen S351R BASF Mystic Speedster and it has four seats so when our little guy is a little older (only 3 months last week) we can go to shows or whatever as a family. At around 650 HP it will do the trick but also still wanted a Viper so traded my 69' Mach 1 straight across for my 96' RT/10. I am really in love with the RT as it is used so anything I do to it, it is better than I bought it. I have put on over 1,000 miles on it since I bought it and just having a blast with the ownership. Dare I say more fun than my 06' Coupe I had from new. The Gen III was vastly better driver, less rattles, etc. but as far as just driver fun, I can't say it is vastly greater as far as just getting out for a drive. It excites enough.

The point I am trying to make is that you may want to look at a two pronged approach to your solution. Maybe pick up an older GEN I or II for $30k to $35k for you and then just add a 4 seater sports/muscle car for family things. Doesn't have to be totally new or even modern to do the trick.

I can tell you starting a new family as my wife and I just did at 40' it is a great feeling to have all titles in hand and no car loans. Just maintenance, insurance and taxes. Not a big thing and very manageable for toys and fun. Also just finally feeling satisfied and happy with what we have as in the grand scheme just very fortunate to have the toys we have and family. My parents did not have much when they had me and my sisters, same for my wife so that puts things in perspective. Both of these cars speak to us so they will do the trick.

Not sure it helps but if you are reflecting, maybe it does. It is hard to step back from the world ********** tour. I think the key is to have what really speaks to you, regardless of fast or best or whatever. Would not fault anyone for selling a Viper to buy a mint older Datsun 280Z (Zap-Z) if that is what speaks to them. Cool car in its day! Who cares if it gets killed by majority on the road. If you and family enjoy it, that is all that matters.

Last edited:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one sick viper you had there! It won't be long before your back in one!!! How about an AMG car??? Any 65 car with a basic transmission and engine tune put out 700hp/900tq. CL or s65s would scratch that itch for speed, luxury and room for other family members. Even the 63 cars are all around 500+ pending on the model. I have a cl63 as my "date" car and I love it. Class,speed and just pure sexiness :)

Can't go wrong with anything GM and LSX powered, no mater what model it's in. Good luck with your search!!!