Car running sluggish, time for a tune up?

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is running a bit sluggish, first gear is not terrible, but 2nd gear the rpms arent shooting up and launching the car like it used to.

car has 34k miles on it now, so im thinking its time for a tune up?

The air filter looks pretty dirty, can dirty airfilter make the car run sluggish?

Oil is GETTING kind of dirty, can dirty oil make the car run sluggish?

at 34k its prolly time for spark plugs and wires.. can this make the car run sluggish? although i thought if there was something wrong
with a spark plug or wire, the car would just misfire no?

any help to my questions would be awesome..

also, how much is the cost on changing the spark plugs on a viper? can i hire a regular tech to do it? thanks.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hard time beleiveing this post. Dirty oil? dirty filter? New plugs always seem to make a big difference. Wires as well I got a set from Jon B I think you need to take better care of your car.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing to look at or change is the fuel filter, Plug wires prob not unless it is missing, And plugs should be a platium plug, So prob not plugs, If all possible hook up to scanner and look at fuel trims for real life answer.. But do the fuel filter for sure. Marc

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the air filter is dirty...yeah, change it out. How do you define the "dirty" oil? Is it very dark or milky in color? Are you getting any CELs? Did you hook up a code reader?

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My cats were terrible (clogged, busted weld between upper and lower) and I never got a CEL.

Lundqvist, I'm not trying to be rude but you seem to not know much about cars. I would suggest that you take it to a very good shop or a dealer to have it looked at. DIY can cost you a lot more in the end if you don't have experience or the help of someone who does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960