Car Wash in Northern NJ

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello and apologies for off-topic question but...

Just recently moved to Northern NJ (near Morristown) from Chicago and I am having the toughest time finding a self car wash or automatic touch-free car wash near my area. I would like to avoid full service/brush washes in hopes of avoiding additional swirl marks.

I have optimum no rinse and works great but I'd like the option of running through a quick car wash if the car is really dirty.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sbkim, we would never bring our Viper to a car wash...in fact, we've never even WASHED our Viper since its brand-new inception Oct. '04!!! We wax twice a year, get the gunk off the car with detail spray, use wet dryer sheets for the bugs on fascia (REALLY works great, no scratches either!)....and we have the BLACKEST, SHINIEST black viper around.
Up to you, tho...to each their own, yes?!! ~juli~

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Jersey! It's alot better if you just order some Zanio and do it in the good ol' driveway.

--RS

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not making clear - I am on a temp work relocation and am staying in a townhome/apartment without access to spigot...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhhhh....okay--see your point now sbkim!! No access to spigot...hmmmm...guess would advise then to use the self-serve ones, where you just drive in and use the pressure hoses....but again, I'd not use the soap, just use the water to get the grime off the car, then detail spray and wipe with microfiber towels (new ones each time, throw away old, never wash--they do not do a good job after that)....just my .02!!! ~juli
**You still can use the dryer sheets tho...wet thoroughly and use to remove bugs off fascia...works GREAT....!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a car wash on River St in Hackensack. That's in Bergen county. It's diagonally opposite Sears (you can look it up online).

The car wash has 3 cleaning options: drive thru touch, drive thru touchless and self cleaning stalls, so how you wash it is up to you.

I think it's time to clean mine. I'll take it there tomorrow.

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbkim,

You can wash your Viper at my house. I've got all the cleaning supplies here. I'm in Mountain Lakes (about 10 minutes from Morristown).

If you want a hand wash you can take it to T&B in Parsippany on Rt 46 - they do excellent work detailing it.

Unfortunately I don't know of any do it yourself handwash places around here. There is one down in Hunterdon county that I know of.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbkim,

You can wash your Viper at my house. I've got all the cleaning supplies here. I'm in Mountain Lakes (about 10 minutes from Morristown).

If you want a hand wash you can take it to T&B in Parsippany on Rt 46 - they do excellent work detailing it.

Unfortunately I don't know of any do it yourself handwash places around here. There is one down in Hunterdon county that I know of.

You forgot to add the part... "since you're gonna get wet washing you car anyways... mine seems a bit dirty too." :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take Obsidian's generous offer and go to his house. Taking a Viper to any auto/self carwash place would scare me. You cant control the water pressure, no idea how clean the brushes are, no idea how good the soap is.....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was gonna say to ask Obsidian. and there is one i use for my jeep and other vehicles in bloomingdale on main st (hamburg tpke)...its right off rt287 at the pompton lakes/riverdale exit. and another one is on rt23 south in wayne opposite motor vehicles.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbkim,

Obsidian - you are much too kind! Thank you. I am actually Viper less now but in process of working on a replacement.