carbon fiber molds

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, saw that too. i wondered if Viper Parts America should try to pick those molds up?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comment was in regards to VPA buying them, not the quality of the molds.

But why wouldn't the VCA want to add those product lines (assuming the molds produced quality parts). Sure the market for aftermarket Gen1/2 parts isn't really a growth business, but I figured it'd probably steady and might be a good addition to the biz they already have.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave study some ebooks about it. You will need other tools and equipment. Be prepared to waste some fabric on a few rounds....sell them at a promotional discount.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why wouldn't the VCA want to add those product lines (assuming the molds produced quality parts). Sure the market for aftermarket Gen1/2 parts isn't really a growth business, but I figured it'd probably steady and might be a good addition to the biz they already have.

You have been PM'd your answer.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave study some ebooks about it. You will need other tools and equipment. Be prepared to waste some fabric on a few rounds....sell them at a promotional discount.

I'll need a hot marketing chick that looks good wearing beer.
One that can keep up with me.
Not lay down on the job unless told to.

You must be registered for see images attach

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats interesting to see and if they are usable you could make some nice pieces especially our prized $22 thousand dollar hoods

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you buy the molds Dave I would be willing to put my hair in pigtails and drink beer so you can take pictures for your.....ummm.... advertizing. :rolaugh:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These have been on ebay for years. From what I recall they are from SVS or some other viper performance place that shut down. They were going for 10k last time I checked...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to have them but I don't have the facilities nor the knowledge to make them useful. I would love to have an entire Viper out of carbon fiber. I am not a fan of putting 1 or 2 parts in carbon fiber but the whole body, that would be stunning.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I knew what to do with them I would've but I've no idea...

same here, if I knew how to lay down CF correctly it would be an interesting project, I have worked with fiberglass but that's a different animal. I think to get good CF pieces you need to vacuum seal it, but I'm not sure

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to have them but I don't have the facilities nor the knowledge to make them useful. I would love to have an entire Viper out of carbon fiber. I am not a fan of putting 1 or 2 parts in carbon fiber but the whole body, that would be stunning.

yes it would be insane to see a CF viper with absolutely no body paint on it, just CF :2tu:

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The molds are located at a reputable composites house and they will continue making parts for new owner

so you don't actually need to know how to use them, unless you want to do everything yourself

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multiple reasons: To generate interest., to generate cash and retain "control" of the mold. New owner contracts them to produce parts thereby creating additional revenue...etc.