Carbon Fibre side sills for gen 1?

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND
Hello everyone

My side sills have start to oxidation (corrosion) again, so this will be the last season with these. Who sells side sills in carbon fibre? Anyone have used CF ones for sale? Anyone have normal alu side sills for sale?

regards

Tomas

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a place in AZ that makes glass sills. Yes, I know, their site is poor.

I am going to get a pair next winter, I repained my sills this past winter, but after I was done I looked at them and thought to myself I should have sone something different with the insultion so I do not have all the screws/rivet holes showing.

http://www.vipercarparts.com/parts.html

If anyone has had any experience with these sills please let us know. The price seems right.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomas, I sell Carbon Fibre sidesills. Gen2 design.
$700 each + tax and shipping.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the actual Gen II side sills with the heat shielding modified for a side discharge. I was gonng to sell them for $1800 plus shipping. They would need to be painted to match your yellow. Right now they are blue.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen 1 and a set of Gen 3

HEY Chuck,

I did have some, but then This guy Named Nouri pretended to have some in stock to a guy and he then begged me to sell mine to him so he could actually ship something he had sold. I sold them to Nouri, actually got paid for them too, still waiting on the $$$$ he owes me though, been since July 9th or 2009, when I do get him on the phone, the payment is always coming next week....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY Chuck,

I did have some, but then This guy Named Nouri pretended to have some in stock to a guy and he then begged me to sell mine to him so he could actually ship something he had sold. I sold them to Nouri, actually got paid for them too, still waiting on the $$$$ he owes me though, been since July 9th or 2009, when I do get him on the phone, the payment is always coming next week....

How much do the GenII CF sills weigh?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds right. The stockers were 6.6.

It's strictly a cosmetic piece so what's the least amount of CF layers you could get away with? And the cheapest weave?

HEy Chuck,

1 layer of twill, the rest in uni, for this part, I would try to make it light but strong, the heat shields are going to weigh more than the part they are protecting. There are better places to save weight, Rear glass to Lexan $450, wheels, 2 piece rotors,

You would be better of bolting this package to your car

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have a splitter cut apart to fit on a gen 2 front and only have the bottom profile on the stantions for the wing to finish off for the package to be finished

I'm interested in a splitter only for my GenII. What would this cost? Thanks Steve.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need anything pretty so if your tech wants to build a prototype for me I'll take it. And please use the cheapest CF available. All that ground effect stuff can almost be labeled a consumable on a tracker and if it looks bad so what, I'll throw some paint on it.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard back from him yet. :mad: I may cruise over to the track today and see why he hasn't responded.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEy Chuck,

I have some Gen 1 Carbon fiber sides, if that would help you?

Steve

I don't need anything pretty so if your tech wants to build a prototype for me I'll take it. And please use the cheapest CF available. All that ground effect stuff can almost be labeled a consumable on a tracker and if it looks bad so what, I'll throw some paint on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960