Catch Can Oil Recovery

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks with the cans . . . what amounts of oil are you collecting over miles driven? I typically collect about 4 oz over 3000 miles with the Challenger. Do you see oil blowby to the intake a significant Viper performance issue i.e. timing retard etc.?

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks with the cans . . . what amounts of oil are you collecting over miles driven? I typically collect about 4 oz over 3000 miles with the Challenger. Do you see oil blowby to the intake a significant Viper performance issue i.e. timing retard etc.?

I see at least that much on my Challenger SRT, but on my SRT10 RAM and 06 coupe I don't get much oil, maybe an ounce if that much in 2500 miles.

My goal was ZERO oil in the intake. I did notice some oil on the back of the throttle blades on both GenIII engines so I put can/vents on both of them.

--FQB

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you really only need them if your running the piss out of them all day everyday.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you really only need them if your running the piss out of them all day everyday.

That's been my experience. On the track, I empty the can every other run (25 minute sprints). On the street, hardly ever.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's been my experience. On the track, I empty the can every other run (25 minute sprints). On the street, hardly ever.

Yeah, I only really check/empty mine @ the track. Not much buildup during street use

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the Hemi experience doesn't translate to the steet Viper. Won't mess with a can.