Cats + Supercharger, Good or Bad?

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think should I remove my cats for better power or leave them on for reduced exhaust noise? I'm running TNT hi-flo 3" cats now.

OP
OP
G

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real problem is that with all this boost I'm getting some exhaust leak ahead of the cats. I want to have the system sealed which might entail welding but before I do that I want to know if I should keep the cats for emissions and noise control or yank em for better flow, heat reduction and more power. I don't have a problem with the noise (although my neighbors might) and I like the idea of getting rid of them.

Please chime in

Rob

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the cats. You will love it. The first time you fire it up you will grin from ear to ear. :D Nice and loud like all vipers should be. Man your my hero that is alot of power you have on your snake.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the S/C remove the cats. I run the Comp Coupe exhaust with 3" Corsa tips. Sound like an Indy car under WOT but driving in 5th or 6th it sounds like a normal Viper. Not only that with out the cats your sills won't get so hot.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms are a great way to go I have a brnd new set if you need em I paid $149.00 from Roe Let me know