Caution on Ebay Bumblebee

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a 2002 Bumblebee on Ebay item #: 130026284602 in Brooklyn, MI.
This Viper was a lemon law buyback but I don't know why. :(
They state a 7/70000 warranty but it has already been transferred once and from what I hear you can't transfer it more than once. It is a Ford dealer that is selling the car.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130026284602

Woooah, those stripes aren't factory (they look too skinny) and the paint on the front bumper looks very rough, the hood gap is non-existent, and thats not a factory emblem on the front bumper. I think a lot more is wrong with this car than just being a lemon law buyback. I bet money its been wrecked in the front before and possibly worse

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Woooah, those stripes aren't factory (they look too skinny) and the paint on the front bumper looks very rough, the hood gap is non-existent, and thats not a factory emblem on the front bumper. I think a lot more is wrong with this car than just being a lemon law buyback. I bet money its been wrecked in the front before and possibly worse

LOL, did you notice the car has a bra on?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL I guess I'm just using to seeing wrecked Vipers on Ebay so I assumed the worse. Or either I need glasses. :bonker:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripe width is proper. I wonder why it was a Lemon? It looks really clean on the inside and outside in the (not so good) pictures (minus the bra, which is HIGHLY suspicious.)

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

LOL I guess I'm just using to seeing wrecked Vipers on Ebay so I assumed the worse. Or either I need glasses. :bonker:

Chalk it up to a long day at work.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy bought a lemon law Viper (96 RT Black/Silver) and it has been great for him. I wonder if the hit you take on a lemon law car is equol to a salvage title.

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually the paint under the bra is brighter and therefore doesn't match.

The bid was $48K last night and the reserve was met. The high bidder retracted
and the price is down to $37.6K.

This car has been on Ebay a couple of times already. It has new Pilot Sports.

Has anybody run a Carfax on it?

I looked at this car before I actually owned one but we decided the yellow wasn't for us.
If anyone is interested I can go look at it again.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back-pedal!!! Back-pedal!!!

He just had premature postalation.........

LOL

LOL...Did you mean "postulation", or is Chad getting ready to go postal? ;)
That depends, did he get a job at the post office before or after receiving his FOID??
:D

Man, the crap that the state (or is it locality) puts you gun owners through in order to excersise your 2nd Ammendment rights...just pathetic. Chad lives in GA, so he's doesn't have to deal with the FOID thing.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, the crap that the state (or is it locality) puts you gun owners through in order to excersise your 2nd Ammendment rights...just pathetic. Chad lives in GA, so he's doesn't have to deal with the FOID thing.

Since we're talking about me, someone tell me what FOID is so I can now if I'm offended or not ;)

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOID = Firearm Owner IDendification - Illinois requires you to have one to own, carry or transport firearms unsupervised.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that car was a buyback and Dodge sold it at auction this dealer would be required disclose that. I have bought a few buybacks at factory auctions. cars can be lemoned for the smallest of things. I recently bought a 05 sebring convertible that was lemoned for a leaky pass front window. most of the vipers I see at dodge auctions are bought back for engine issues.

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know what the reason was but there is a sticker in the door jamb stating that
it was a buyback. I pointed it out to the sales woman and she acted surprised.

The dealer took this car as a trade-in and the previous owner bought it from a private party.

Perhaps Carfax shows more.

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler computer shows it was a buy-back. They are resold with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty. The year expired 11/05. It doesn't say why the car was bought back. It was sold new by Akins in winder ga

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the carax and it doesnt it doesnt say buyback on this car. In fact it has the garauntee on the vehicle that it's not a buyback or lemon. HOWEVER, on the details section below with the history it says :

Sold at auction
in Michigan
Listed as
a manufacturer vehicle

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent an email inviting them to bring it to a car show this weekend where i hope to have other Vipers raising money for the Special Olympics. I told them to bring a For Sale sign. If they bring it maybe I can learn more about it.