CC body on SRT-10

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would bet the mounting points are diffrent, and the CC is wider. a full frame, and all that. probably wont happen (nothing to support the roof in a srt10) cost more money, be cheaper to get a CC

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm, what is needed to convert a CC to a legal street car ?i think its beyond lights and interior!!! right? :confused:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on your local DMV and sheriff dept, you might be able to pass the CC off as a kit car with some effort. As difficult as that sounds, it might be the easiest way to get one legal on the road. :2tu:

Labeled as having some 60's tube chassis like the Cobra or Lotus 7 kits are, then you could maybe register it as a Viper replica kit. ;)

How ironic. :headbang:

-Dean.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard from some one, i dont remeber who that there was 1 or 2 going through this transformation. could be false tho.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the idea is to put a comp coupe body on a SRT's chassis. This would give us the street coupe so many people desire. Would be much easier than making a comp coupe street legal.
Sounds like a job for Jesse James.

I still have faith that Dodge will announce their plans at VOI-8.

Waiting for the street coupe to arrive will be worse than an 8 year old waiting for Christmas to come.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't you take a totaled viper, any year, and take the vin number off. Then put lights and whatever else it needs and just register it as an old viper with a body kit?

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
register it as a kit car. they dont have a vin. the CC doesnt have a "vin" per say.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't you take a totaled viper, any year, and take the vin number off. Then put lights and whatever else it needs and just register it as an old viper with a body kit?

It would work like a charm, unfortunately it is completely illeagal to switch VINs. And as the whole Viper world knows about this deal, some jealous sumbeetch would no doubt turn you in.