CC body on SRT-10

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would bet the mounting points are diffrent, and the CC is wider. a full frame, and all that. probably wont happen (nothing to support the roof in a srt10) cost more money, be cheaper to get a CC

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm, what is needed to convert a CC to a legal street car ?i think its beyond lights and interior!!! right? :confused:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on your local DMV and sheriff dept, you might be able to pass the CC off as a kit car with some effort. As difficult as that sounds, it might be the easiest way to get one legal on the road. :2tu:

Labeled as having some 60's tube chassis like the Cobra or Lotus 7 kits are, then you could maybe register it as a Viper replica kit. ;)

How ironic. :headbang:

-Dean.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard from some one, i dont remeber who that there was 1 or 2 going through this transformation. could be false tho.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the idea is to put a comp coupe body on a SRT's chassis. This would give us the street coupe so many people desire. Would be much easier than making a comp coupe street legal.
Sounds like a job for Jesse James.

I still have faith that Dodge will announce their plans at VOI-8.

Waiting for the street coupe to arrive will be worse than an 8 year old waiting for Christmas to come.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't you take a totaled viper, any year, and take the vin number off. Then put lights and whatever else it needs and just register it as an old viper with a body kit?

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
register it as a kit car. they dont have a vin. the CC doesnt have a "vin" per say.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't you take a totaled viper, any year, and take the vin number off. Then put lights and whatever else it needs and just register it as an old viper with a body kit?

It would work like a charm, unfortunately it is completely illeagal to switch VINs. And as the whole Viper world knows about this deal, some jealous sumbeetch would no doubt turn you in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc