Charlotte Cars & Coffee

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to see you and the others Steve, glad you could make it out as yesterday’s Charlotte Cars and Coffee may have been the best turn out of the year, 700 to 1000 cars on the lot with constant turnover. Chamber of Commerce weather, hundreds of cars and a good turnout of Vipers, what more could you ask for? Thanks to Steve B for his early arrival to save some spots right up front at the entrance, even with a little shade, best spot on the entire lot, good job Steve!

Welcome to Uri and his wife Natalia, he brought out his custom painted and interior 98 and joined us. Here a couple photos of the group, Uri’s 98, my 2010, Steve’s Blue 2008 and Ross’s Red 97.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The one thing about Charlotte, you never know what is going to show up, in attending this event over the last year only missing a couple of months, there is always something new and different, that catches your eye. Here is a photo of a Super Lite at the end of the morning leaving in which I didn’t even see as there were so many cars, made in Detroit, powered by an LS3, looks like it could be a great track car! Also a couple of Lambo’s on the field along with at least 30 Porsches.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of my favorite was this 67 GT 40, I wonder what other Holman Moody goodies are underneath those valve covers. A nice 280Z Datsun and as always and at every C&C across the country the Corvettes are out in force, check out Corvette Ally. V10 R8 followed by yet another Viper.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a couple of other shots, I have never seen a Mini Cooper Pickup truck before, 2 in attendance, and one was a right hand drive car. A VW bus, and one of my favorites was this old Dodge Truck.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to welcome Ashvin who recently purchased a Black 2014 and Chris who has a Silver 2003 SRT-10 to the Carolina VCA, both new members reside in the Raleigh/Cary area. Though we are not the most active group and I respect and understand that, our membership continues to grow, thank all of you for being loyal to the VCA. We are really close and approaching 20 members!!!

Just a reminder, for those that planned to attend Cars & Coffee Charlotte, it is this Saturday (July 5th) , it runs from 8am-11am. Something for everyone, though you may see many of the regular participants, there is always some cars that I have never seen before. Always a large turnout, unfortunately, I will be unable to attend as we are heading to the mountains for a few days over the Holiday. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte). If you are going, plan to arrive around 7:30 as parking becomes difficult after 8am. Please try to attend, you will not be disappointed!

I wish all of you a Happy Fourth!
Chuck

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to welcome Bill who just joined the VCA and owns a Yellow 2002 RT/10 and resides in western North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. We are closing in on 20 members, though not anywhere near what we had last year, we are growing albeit slowly, but we are definitely growing.

Just a reminder, for those that planned to attend Cars & Coffee Charlotte, it is this Saturday (September 6th) , it runs from 8am-11am. Something for everyone, though you may see many of the regular participants, there is always some cars that I have never seen before. Always a large turnout, unfortunately, I am hoping to attend and will need to leave somewhat early as I plan to attend the Scat Pack all Mopar car show as well. I was in Virginia for the Roanoke Valley Mopar Club event last week, what a great event and great group of people. I look forward to seeing them this Saturday as a large group plans to travel to the show here in Charlotte. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte). If you are going, plan to arrive around 7:30 as parking becomes difficult after 8am. Please try to attend, you will not be disappointed! If anyone plans to get out and wants to meet up, just reach out and let me know, we are nearing the perfect weather time of the year to get out and drive.

Chuck

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great weather and a huge turnout, parking lot of 600 spaces was completely full end to end. Over 30 Porsches including 3 R3’s , at least 12 Ferrari’s and 5 Lambo’s, along with large amount of Mustangs and the large Corvette groups. We had a few of our Charlotte based members in attendance, Steve M and Steve B, along with Ross, myself and John. The Vipers were the most photographed, and even a couple of professional photogs too some photos in which left cards on our cars. Here are a couple of shots of the group in which we had parking right up front. Notice the under hood shot of Steve M’s Viper, I think they were looking at cobwebs as it is such a museum piece…… when was the last time it was driven???

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check out this “Rainbow” Super Bird clone from a Roadrunner, and I have say, it drew a crowd and many people voted on the color, personally I am partial to the green. Also, look at this Rat Rod truck, 100 HP with 400 ft lbs of torque.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something you rarely see is a Zephyr with 600 HP, sounded great and I appreciated his work and desire to have something different! Also, finally got a closer look at the Detroit built, LS3 powered Super Lite, all track car.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple of other cars, check out the 63 Split Widow, and the passenger, kind of creepy if you weren’t paying attention and walked up on it, also a very nice 69 Cuda, along with a couple of shots.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did attend the Carolina's Scat Pak Mopar Club show held at Tilted Kilt as well. They are just a great group of enthusiasts and they always appreciate the Viper. I joined their club a few months back and have to say they are very active here in the Charlotte area, something going almost every week. They limit the field to 125 and they had 118 cars participating. Here is a 2015 Sublime Challenger, it was beautiful with the Rumble Bee 6.4 liter, a Blown Demon from the Roanoke Mopar club which they are a great group of guys as well and made the trip down as did the Triangle Club. There were cars as far as 300 miles in attendance. A real numbers matching Super Bird, a 9.80 quarter mile Dart.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With a couple of Viper’s in attendance, my Snakeskin Green ACR was awarded the Waitress Choice Award, which the award was built with a real piston, rod, valves and cam shaft as well as first in class for Viper which the trophy was made from a piston and rod. Pretty cool trophy’s!

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I would share this shot as the waitresses are great and this was a photo op you couldn’t pass up. This pose was on Jon H (President of the Roanoke Club) Demon. Any captions?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

Caption: Photo of twin within twin syndrome resulting in duplicate genitalia.

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was one of my kids favorites. And note that I don't know how that spider web stayed on the Viper (ignoring your museum comment for now)...

Attachments

• WP_20140906_002.jpg
    WP_20140906_002.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 11