Check engine code PO135

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought an Innova 3030 to read and hopefully override my check engine light. I got a PO135 code. I am looking it up now but any help from those more informed would be of huge assistance. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
VENOMAHOLIC

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PO135 is listed as an oxygen sensor heater element malfunction. My 2000 RT/10 has only 23k miles. Is this a code I can override and hope doesn't come up again or will I actually need to change the 02 sensor.

OP
OP
VENOMAHOLIC

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually did look up that thread Life is Good. Thanks. My car is stock as far as I know since I am not the original buyer. Like the thread you listed, I cleared the code and plan on taking a much needed highway drive to hopefully work out contaminants.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the wire harness isn't damaged in some way, and the thing is plugged in, you're gonna have to replace the sensor to fix it. that is a fairly "fool-proof" code......put the new part on...good to go......:2tu:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get the code back after resetting, you'll have to change the O2 sensor. There are 4 O2 sensors, two on each side(bank), upstream and downstream. P0135 refers to bank 1, sensor 1 which is the left side upstream sensor, located at the exhaust collector on the bottom of the exhaust manifold. You have to jack up the vehicle to change it since the access is from the bottom. It's an easy fix.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS