Check Engine Light on and will not go off

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10 that I had offline for a while doing some clutch work. The battery died during the offline time. I got the clutch fixed and took it for a test drive and the check engine light was on. I figured no big deal, I would just get the codes and reset the light. However, it does not have any codes and if you tell it to erase codes it still does not turn off the light.

I took off the PCM cable for a few hours and put it back... still have a light.

Any thoughts on how it get it to go off? I need to get it inspected and I know they will not inspect it with the light on.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use to read the codes?

I have a 2000 RT/10 that I had offline for a while doing some clutch work. The battery died during the offline time. I got the clutch fixed and took it for a test drive and the check engine light was on. I figured no big deal, I would just get the codes and reset the light. However, it does not have any codes and if you tell it to erase codes it still does not turn off the light.

I took off the PCM cable for a few hours and put it back... still have a light.

Any thoughts on how it get it to go off? I need to get it inspected and I know they will not inspect it with the light on.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used
[h=1]Actron CP9125 PocketScan Code Reader.[/h]
Never had any issues with it before, as well I have used it to clear codes to turn off the check engine light on all types of vehicles. Even if I give it the command to ERASE CODES it does not turn off the light.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can it show history

I used
[h=1]Actron CP9125 PocketScan Code Reader.[/h]
Never had any issues with it before, as well I have used it to clear codes to turn off the check engine light on all types of vehicles. Even if I give it the command to ERASE CODES it does not turn off the light.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you change the battery?

No the battery is fine, it just went dead because I wasn't driving it due to a clutch issue. I was driving the other one. Then I found the clutch problem and charged the battery. The battery is fine and not very old, maybe a year and change.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about removing the bulb since the car is not throwing any codes, the inspection station would never know.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is good, but I don't think it is a scanner problem. I have the OBDII reader and it is showing nothing. When the car throws a light in the past, "O2 sensor due to my exhaust set up", it always shows the code and I can erase it to turn off the light.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62