Childish games over at the Alley

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked into the Alley years ago, but it felt like I was looking at Corral.net so I stuck to this side of the tracks. STILL don't own a Viper though. :D

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's like the tide and goes up and down. Heck, golly gee willikers, the politics here ran me off for awile some time ago. This place has certainly improved with the changing of the guard but it's had it's low moments. If you don't like the product, change, is my motto.

I have an account on the Alley, but haven't posted there in quite a long time. There seem to be 2 kinds of people who frequent the forums there. 1. People who like to have fun and enjoy a little friendly ribbing, and 2. People who abuse everyone around them to the greatest extent possible, call it "fun" and convince themselves that either it's all innocent, or that they have too much money to care what others think about them. (at least it used to be that way, but I haven't visited there in awhile).

It's the ones who act on a forum like they would never dream of acting in person to a bunch of strangers that keep me from going there. I respect their right to think I'm a ********* for feeling that way, but of course that's why I don't go there.

If, as AngleIron suggests, I'm too tightly wound, or am capable of making rare gems from fossil fuels, I guess I'm ok with that. I've never found being blatantly insulting to others or taking the same from others to be a terribly useful skill anywhere but there, so I'll take the label of 'can't hang with the boys' and move on without losing too much sleep.

For the non-Vile, this place is much more fun.

My 0.02.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the calling out thing, with the posts about "you" are funny. I only look there for news on Vipers. If you log out your screen name it won't say your name. I can't post for some reason so I will check back in a week and see if I can. I find it funny that you can get neg/pos rep on a forum and think it has any outcome on real life...still it was a funny trick!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it funny that you can get neg/pos rep on a forum and think it has any outcome on real life...still it was a funny trick!

exactly !

it isnt for everyone.

and CHAD, no Iphones for you till i get some naked pics of that hot blond.....:)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like the tide and goes up and down. Heck, golly gee willikers, the politics here ran me off for awile some time ago. This place has certainly improved with the changing of the guard but it's had it's low moments. If you don't like the product, change, is my motto.

I understand. I probably hit that site at one of it's "downs" and decided not to return, so I've missed experiencing on its' "ups". Unfortunately, first impressions last a life time.

There is a market on the internet for all kinds of communication and interaction with others. Some folks really enjoy the verbal bar fights, and I have no problem with that at all. I personally don't, and that's my style. That's one of the reasons I like this site and accepted the challenge of being a moderator here. We have sections for jokesters and 'off-topic' stuff, people can go round and round in a friendly manner (heck, I've 'banned' at least one regional president (cough, Chad, cough) from this site until he told people to call my house at midnight and thank me! All in good fun), but I like where the proverbial line in the sand is drawn here, that's all.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya, Kelly...and Phil as well...whatever floats somebody's boat...whatever revs your Viper...whatever!! LOL...I enjoy verbal jousts (as evidenced here!~~!) as much as the next person, but not negativity/bashing...don't get into that...who needs it? That's a funny story about *cough Chad cough*...and him telling people to call you at midnite!!
THAT's the type of fun we're talking about!!! AND learning always here....juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two different sites for two different reasons. Its kinda nice to have a place to cut loose once in a while.

Two different sites indeed...cutting loose is one thing...deliberately slamming someone you don't even know anything about...another story...different strokes for different folks..~~~:D :rolleyes: :D ~juli
**NOT that I'm saying Chuck 98/RT10 does that, I wouldn't know**

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Childish games over at the alley... That's a first... I'm 19 and I act more mature than all of those people.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two different sites for two different reasons. Its kinda nice to have a place to cut loose once in a while.

You mean getting crapped on and having you mother's name come up in every post is "cutting loose?"

Hmm.

I left there for the more civilized forum here, and would not call that place anything other than useless and vile.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Alley? Who cares! You walk into a wall, it hurts, you learn not to do it again. You go to the Alley, get ridiculed over and over and over...you learn not to do it again. If it hurts then don't do it.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Alley? Who cares! You walk into a wall, it hurts, you learn not to do it again. You go to the Alley, get ridiculed over and over and over...you learn not to do it again. If it hurts then don't do it.

Agreed. I actually got ridiculed/bad rep from someone with a username of norice. Then I noticed he started a thread asking for help in deciding on what SUV to purchase. Funny thing is all the SUVs on the list he was considering were Japanese. How ironic is that? :rolleyes:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted a thread helping out some noob with different Viper Generation advantages, after he got slammed, but no useful info = neg rep. Then I posted that I won 1st in a car show = +5 and about -40 rep points.

I still post info there once in a while, but I figure another 5 years of so and they might have to ban me for being too helpful and having too many neg. rep points, LOL

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude