Classic Car / Exotic Insurance

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
must be a typo. new jersey historically is the higher if not highest in the country. even when in high school i remember friends that were 17 driving sports cars with multiple traffic stops and violations still onlu paying 5k/year. that was about the limit any worse than that and you probably didnt have to worry about insurance because i am positive your license would be gone.

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys just saved me a lot of money.

When I bought my Viper, Farmers wanted $400+/month. I switched to Allstate who I pay about $200/month for the Viper. About $2400/year.

Just tried the Hagerty online quote... $82/month. $982/year. I'll take it!

Anyone ever filed a claim with Hagerty? Good service?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past year I've had a fender bender with a florida woman where a scuffed bumper wound up costing me $800 (yeah, she got me) and my pos neon was hit and run and written up as salvage. Even after the repair my insurance was then on shaky ground as the insurance company quoted me that figure. Additionally, location, location, location. If I lived near Paolo, I'd be paying chicken feed! Some companies look for the kill in the initial sale's commission but then not give you the truth to you in writing that they won't raise the price. You have to get the guarantee up front but some unscrupulous agents might say later post sale "Well, you're a liability so we now have to raise your cost etc."

Sorry that was no typo.

Jay K.

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry that was no typo.

Jay K.

WOW HOLY $HIT :hitfan: $14K per year you must really love your car man, I pay $1488 per year FULL coverage for the 2001 RT/10 with a $250 deductible from State Farm Mutual that includes 3 tickets in the last 2 years and a parking lot incursion on my 2005 Legacy GT (not my fault, but it was a hit and run so it's chargeable).

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd figure someone here is an insurance agent and is an advertiser on the site to get the business. I just got screwed by my insurance (21st century) with a huge rate increase... I moved to AAA and got the same rate as 21st originally. One month later, AAA CANCELS my policy saying that upon checking with Choicepoint (One EVIL business... they wrongfully profile people as arsonists, child molestors, etc.), I'm not eligible for their policy because I was in an accident. I NEVER WAS! :mad:

I called 21st, and they verified that I was never in an accident and offered to take me back for less than their raised rate (albiet higher than original). I took it , but not happy about it. Insurance is such a scam.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that was no typo.

Jay K.

WOW HOLY $HIT :hitfan: $14K per year you must really love your car man, I pay $1488 per year FULL coverage for the 2001 RT/10 with a $250 deductible from State Farm Mutual that includes 3 tickets in the last 2 years and a parking lot incursion on my 2005 Legacy GT (not my fault, but it was a hit and run so it's chargeable).

Sorry,

Don't misquote me. That's why I DON'T have a Viper yet. Insurance companies threw me under the bus with the negligent drivers and drunk drivers category when I mentioned that I was in the market to purchase a Viper and I've never had a drunk driving offense or speeding ticket. They didn't care the color (red, duh its a VIPER!!), year, Gen. I/II/III or anything.

Yes, Insurance IS a scam, :evilmad: :evilmad: :evilmad:

Jay K.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys just saved me a lot of money.

When I bought my Viper, Farmers wanted $400+/month. I switched to Allstate who I pay about $200/month for the Viper. About $2400/year.

Just tried the Hagerty online quote... $82/month. $982/year. I'll take it!

Anyone ever filed a claim with Hagerty? Good service?

I'd love to go with Hagerty, but I drive 10k/yr. Do they have coverage for that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog