Clean 1995 Black Viper RT

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guy's I see a black Viper RT 1995 that seems to be in very good condition with just 7500 miles. I was really looking for a 2002 RT, but this one got my eye. I would have to good take a look at it in person. It has side windows that look like you have to snap on. Does anyone know if they are made of plastic or glass? Is 1995 a good year? It is price at $34,800.00 . That seems rather expensive for a car that is 15 years old, but then again it has very low miles. :)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan On driving it I might stay away from it. With that little mileage who knows what would start to go on the car after it starts getting driven. If you can afford it I say stick with the '02. Real windows that you can roll up or down with just the touch of a button, ABS, 450hp and the last year of the GEN II body style.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'95 is the best year for gen 1 (except for the '96 transition year)... The windows are probably plexi. I agree with 01 sapphirebob's statement when it comes to regular driving. They're great cars but they leak a bit in the rain and the window/top thing can be a PIA. The comfort issues certainly don't bother me as I've owned several but I'd recomend you be sure you know what you're getting into with a gen 1...

I understand the dilema, a low mile gen 1 or a higher mile gen 2? Of course the decision is yours to make and depends on your needs and expectations.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that Viper at Fast Cash 4 Cars in Raleigh? I heard they have a black Gen I with around 6,000 miles on it.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think only 1996 RTs came with sliding glass side curtains. The 92-95s came with zippered soft windows. With miles that low it could need headgaskets too.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both (Gen 1 and Gen 2). Sold the Gen 1 and got the Gen 2. Couldn't be happier!

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have 94RT 10 and 97 GTS. Prefer to drive the RT.....More of the true Viper experience....Looking for comfort stay away from a true sports car. My 94 has 10000 mi and and the GTS has 7000, no problems. Take care of it, these cars are bullit proof.

Gearhead Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks pretty nice to me, but obvioulsly pics can be decieving. i bought my black 95 with only 3,400 miles on it in 2011 and all rubber (other than tires which i replaced with ps2) is still in really good shape. i replaced oil pan and valve cover gaskets, and flushed all fluids after i bought it and the car runs like a top. depending on that PM you got from the guy above who is familiar with it, it looks like a solid car at a "fair", not great, price. Actually looks like the one i saw go thru Mecum as a no sale auciton a few months ago...not too many black/tan 95's with that low miles out there, they are great looking IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi