Clear fog light lenses

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Mopar part comes with the little foam gasket around the lens cover? Or would I need to fashion my own somehow?

Mopar parts 4643819 & 4643818

My passenger side one fell off somehow during spirited driving - not sure how or where but I miss it.. :(

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the answer from Tator's - yes it does. On the bad side, the price has gone up quite a bit, and the prognosis isn't good for future parts prices..

Get em while you can ;)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The foam is effectively built into the lenses. As a matter of fact it is a pain to remove it is glued on so well. In terms of being careful with the tabs, IIRC putting the two lower tabs in place first then popping in the upper tab is the safest way to install.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And if you dunk em in a pan of hot water, or set them on a dark surface in the sun before you install em, the tabs wont be likley to break

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are they now? I'm thinking about just taking them off my GTS because I've lost one before and I figure it's just a matter of time before another one goes south. If they're not too expensive, I might just pick a couple up.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well , I have both lens covers....they have a foam gasket glued on. They have 3 tabs in good shape. I haven't looked at them in a long time ( in the attic?) but I remember the right side is new or like new and the driver side has tiny specs from road grit that you can see if held up to the light.
They protect the lights from breakage. I think new ones cost $70:dunno:

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up buying one to support Tator's cause ;)

But thanks for the offers / replies, I'm feeling the love:2tu:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a quick search to see what other cars might be using that same cover, and it seems there are a few Jeep and Chrysler cars that use the exact same part. At least I won't worry about it being a Viper-specific part anymore.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Bluvenm97! You should have it by now or arriving today. :cool:

What's the best way to remove them without breaking the tabs?
Nick

If you can get it warm like JonB said, will help! Park your Viper in the sun for an hour, then place several fingers each side of the upper tab on lens and pull down just enough so the tab clears/comes out of fascia, lift up to get the outer tab out, then the inboard tab. Reverse for the install.