Clear front turn signals?

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after switching out all of my inner/outer bulbs to LED's, I'm still unsatisfied with the amber front turn signal plastic, especially with a Silver car.

Has anyone figured out if this amber plastic is easily removable in order to complete the clear front look, or? I was quite surprised to not find anything under past posts.

Thanks in advance,
-Justyn

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some spare 194's around, so I swapped out all of the interior bulbs, as well as the license plate lights.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i read your post correct you dont like the orange plastic inside the headlight.
Here is something I did to an STI a few years ago..Dont Laugh. It will work if it is a two piece light.
Remove headlight, remove all bulbs.
Place in preheated oven and bake at 250 for 20 minutes.
Remove and pry apart light.
Remove amber reflector.
Put light back together, the glue should still be pliable and both parts should adhere to each other.
Voila, no more orange plastic.

I have not looked closely to my lights, but if they are a two piece this should work. Hell I did this with STI HID's and had no issues.
I hav Voltages freshly tinted headlights in my office, maybe I will bring them home to mama Zen so she can bake them up for me.

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zen,

Exactly. I have heard of this method, but figured at least a few people on here have already done something about the amber and may have some insight before I took the headlight apart. I'll take a closer look at it this weekend.

Thanks!
-J