Clear Side Markers

CS14

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well for whats its worth, Ive just sent Pro Car Parts an email to find out if they can still get hold of the clear side markers ;)

:uk:
To FB 18, if you can find someone who can deliver, I’m in. Just send me an mess.

/Peter

OP
OP
M

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a good trick for a clearer headlight is to remove the orange reflector in the side lights, and then replace the yellow'ie lamps for silver

You must be registered for see images attach

and for Chuck it saves weight to :)

Neil,
Is there any tricks to getting the refelctor out or is it pretty straight forward?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, plan 2,

Have any of you guys noticed the reverse light on the new BMW Minis? It looks very similar to the Viper clear side markers we are after! I'm not sure its the exact size, but just down the road from me is a Mini Dealership ;)

On behalf of the Viper community I shall investigate this matter ;)

Mark

2000 FAST RED Cream puff GTS

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, plan 2,

Have any of you guys noticed the reverse light on the new BMW Minis? It looks very similar to the Viper clear side markers we are after! I'm not sure its the exact size, but just down the road from me is a Mini Dealership ;)

Mark

So, if side marker lights off a Mini become the fashion, will we be seeing more white hood vents too? :dunno:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these Clear side markers recently? I bought my old ones from Makoautotrends 3 years ago for my GEN1. Now i need them for my GEN2......HELP!! I NEED THEM!! AHHHH

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange....I did a search for this earlier and this thread popped up.

James, another thread led me to klearz.com. I just put in my order...will see what happens!!

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these Clear side markers recently? I bought my old ones from Makoautotrends 3 years ago for my GEN1. Now i need them for my GEN2......HELP!! I NEED THEM!! AHHHH

I bought mine and installed them about a month ago what do you need to know? They fit well look good and take about 14 days to get to you. Jason shipped mine out immediately and customs had them for 3 or so days.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, plan 2,

Mark

Dam there no good either :( The front of the lens is the same size but it is not deep enough, (on the mini the lens is flush with the rear fender) and as for the holder, its a huge thing :(

Back to the drawing board :(

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange....I did a search for this earlier and this thread popped up.

James, another thread led me to klearz.com. I just put in my order...will see what happens!!

Kenmo THANK YOU ! Just put the order in today as well. These are not as nice as the diamond cut ones i had on my GEN 1 3 years a ago, but they are 100 times better than whats on there now! YOu guys just got the lens covers right? Use the old housing?

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenmo THANK YOU ! Just put the order in today as well. These are not as nice as the diamond cut ones i had on my GEN 1 3 years a ago, but they are 100 times better than whats on there now! YOu guys just got the lens covers right? Use the old housing?

Glad I could help! I just ordered the covers. The member that posted up about klearz in the other thread said they were easy to swap out. Just some patience, a flat head screw driver, and voila!!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I could help! I just ordered the covers. The member that posted up about klearz in the other thread said they were easy to swap out. Just some patience, a flat head screw driver, and voila!!

COOL! Thanks again!:headbang:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set too from Klearz - still setting on the to do pile - and also bought a pair of new OEM housings off of ebay for $10 each. I'm going to rattle-can them chrome for maximum coolness. Or you can use the housing as-is.

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went with the clear...Nothing fancy, just looking for that "clean" look. Hey is Bat still selling the overlays for the rear tails to make them clear/red?

You and I are sharing the same brain, James. I actually emailed him to see if he was still making these. If you go to his website it just brings up pictures of his products....there's no where to actually order them. I found his email address in another forum....still haven't heard back from him though.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place??

I'll post up if he emails me back.

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a reply back from bat....he's still around and making these. Sounds like he has a family now and trying to slow down a bit.

Regardless, here's his email address. He will reply with instructions:

[email protected]

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just in touch with Andy (Bat) this week and he does have the overlays for the sidemarkers @ $15 a set. The email above is the best way to get in touch with him.

KLEARZ does have the clear lens in stock @$45 + $15 shipping. Just ordered some from Jason this morning.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... A one year old thread.

It may be a year old, but finding clear lenses is still a challenge.:D

I've been looking off and on for a year and finally decided to just spend the couple of extra dollars and order them from Klearz.

Watch out on the comments about a year old thread or I'll bring the Vipair thread back to life!:rolaugh:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be a year old, but finding clear lenses is still a challenge.:D

I've been looking off and on for a year and finally decided to just spend the couple of extra dollars and order them from Klearz.

Watch out on the comments about a year old thread or I'll bring the Vipair thread back to life!:rolaugh:
Vipair? ........... Is it any good :outtahere:

:rolaugh: