Clown Shoe??

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious is it a common derogatory comment to call gts's clown shoe? In the general section on the corvette forum i posted some pictures of my new viper while being bored at work and got a decent amount of compliments and a handful of hecklers. One guy insists that he wouldnt be caught dead driving a clown shoe. We went back and fourth alil then he stated it was a common comparison between the gts and a clown shoe? I guess red and the shape?. . . .I know im looking deeeppp into this lol

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, heard that several times before and more.. and it's common for folks to segregate, typical... as my RT10 was called a clown shoe more often compared to a GTS...

Hey when some GTS people had made jabs at my RT10, I'm guilty to entertain a durogatory reply to defend my ego and car... have said things like... that a real sports car is not a hatchback, as I don't need to use my car to go to the grocery store, and the GTS is a Grocery Transport Service edition Viper.

It's all good fun, never take those comments seriously, most are just proud of what they have.. and I do like the GTS too.

You must be registered for see images

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is outrageous. But, then again, if the shoe fits.............................. I must admit that I may be one of the people responsible for the comparison. When the Gen III came out and we were discussing the pros and cons of the Gen II design versus the Gen III design, I think I posted the photo below or a similar one. The word "cartoonish" was also used to describe the Gen II. ( Prior to my current Viper, I was the proud owner of a 1999 GTS with an 8LB Roe Supercharger system.)

You must be registered for see images attach

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be caught in a Clown Shoe any day over a Cookie Cutter.

Bruce

No kidding, I drove my car to work this week for the first time this year, going through a town up here in Canada, there were at least 6 times somebody yelled out "nice car!" or yelling out "Viper!!". My car is 12 years old, it seems rediculous...

All Vipers are cool, low volume production, very unique, and there's something about every year and edition that somebody likes.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wear .. er .. drive a size 9 1/2 shoe ......

Attachments

• Front-Profile-2.jpg
    Front-Profile-2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 50

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clown Shoe? Tupperware? Cookie Cutter?
Dang, where have I been? Time to get out from under the rock....(or off the rock-crack rock that is):D

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is outrageous. But, then again, if the shoe fits.............................. I must admit that I may be one of the people responsible for the comparison. When the Gen III came out and we were discussing the pros and cons of the Gen II design versus the Gen III design, I think I posted the photo below or a similar one. The word "cartoonish" was also used to describe the Gen II. ( Prior to my current Viper, I was the proud owner of a 1999 GTS with an 8LB Roe Supercharger system.)

You must be registered for see images attach
could you find one with the stripes a little closer?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Clown shoes are ****!!! Chicks dig the bulbous, curvaceous shape.

Corvettes are anemic wedges, like DOOR STOPS!!! Driven by bald guys with too many gold chains.

Just kidding, I'm actually thinking of getting a Corvette GS. And I had a 1989 dark red vert, always loved that car, fit me like a glove. I like any car that has something going for it- Cool looks, great performance, etc. I am partial to domestics, but not brand loyal.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that nice cars are not just appreciated for what they are. I've had many Vettes and liked them all--I just like Vipers better due to design, performance, and rarity, however never felt the urge to put a Vette down. Each special car is probably a pride and joy for someone so why ruin it for them??--Dave

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame that nice cars are not just appreciated for what they are. I've had many Vettes and liked them all--I just like Vipers better due to design, performance, and rarity, however never felt the urge to put a Vette down. Each special car is probably a pride and joy for someone so why ruin it for them??--Dave
good statement, i agree

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious is it a common derogatory comment to call gts's clown shoe? In the general section on the corvette forum i posted some pictures of my new viper while being bored at work and got a decent amount of compliments and a handful of hecklers. One guy insists that he wouldnt be caught dead driving a clown shoe. We went back and fourth alil then he stated it was a common comparison between the gts and a clown shoe? I guess red and the shape?. . . .I know im looking deeeppp into this lol

Link to said vette forum?

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the looks of my "clown shoe". I also have a pearl white 77 stroker Vette that is pretty **** looking also. Both great cars in their own rite, albeit the Viper has it hands down!!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always considered that term ambiguous, it could be used good-naturedly by respecters who were just kidding around, or by haters as a dis. From the Corvette forum I'm guessin' its the latter. We love our clown shoes, call mine one any day and I'm OK wit it.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like jealousy. i see vette owners everyday most of them will even look at me when i roll up next to them.

OP
OP
A

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yaa take it from someone who owned a z06 cant compare the two cars. The viper really is in a different class than any vette